Hey everybody!

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
sweetbeats

Hey everybody!

Post by sweetbeats »

Looking forward to congenial discussions/chewing the fat in a respectful way...offering help where I can and humbly learning in this big ocean of opportunity to learn.

Just to give you a high-level background on me I'm a music recording and equipment repair hobbyist. I play drums primarily but play bass as well and some guitar and keys. Can sing a little too. My "studio" has been a constant in process "project" for a great many years while I've journeyed through trying to figure out what I really need juxtaposed with what I want and what's realistic within those facets. I like a hybrid approach (digital and analog). I came into multitrack recording prior to the "digital age" so an analog tracking process (whether using analog or digital media) is what I mostly employ. Digital offers too many things to tweak for me which is another reason I gravitate to analog gear and traditional recording processes. BUT...I've done a couple full-length projects ITB and that was a lot of fun too.

Current gear highlights include:

• Tascam prototype 12 x 8 modular inline console from the early 80s (project in process)
• Tascam 58 1/2" 8-track (project in process)
• Tascam BR-20T 1/4" halftrack
• Ampex MM-1000 1" 8-track/2" 16-track (project in process)
• 3M Mincom M-64 1/4" halftrack (project)

I've got a couple racks full of gear from CRL, Tascam, ART, Presonus, Samson, Timeline and dbx...current favorite digital interface (on loan from my brother for collaborative work) is a MOTU 8M...sounds amazing.

There's a bunch of other gear too...too much. Random mixers, a couple Akai MG1212 machines in need of much attention...

Anyway...life is way too full and my progress is painfully slow but I enjoy this stuff, talking about it and helping out when and where I can so, hi, hello, greetings and all that.
miroslav

Re: Hey everybody!

Post by miroslav »

Hey!
You made it!

Welcome Cory...now head down to the Analog forum...and make it your own.
You are now our resident analog tape guru. :)

it's a little slow right now...the place hasn't officially been opened to the public....but it should be good when it does.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Howdy and welcome aboard. :)

Now tell me, what's the best type of tape to use to remove leftover bits of food from between your teeth? :mrgreen:
sweetbeats

Post by sweetbeats »

I typically find a tape worm does the trick quite well...and you can just leave 'em in there too. Like a permanent install kind of thing.

HTH!

:D

Every forum needs a smart a$$ or two...even the quiet ones. :)
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Hello sweetbeats. Miroslav said you'd be a good dude to have here, so welcome.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Welcome aboard. Find a corner on the forum to make your own and we'll grow from there. If you find quirks or have suggestions PM me or use the suggestion box in the off leash area. Very happy to see a new face here!
:happytrees:
sweetbeats

Post by sweetbeats »

miroslav wrote:Hey!
You made it!

Welcome Cory...now head down to the Analog forum...and make it your own.
You are now our resident analog tape guru. :)

it's a little slow right now...the place hasn't officially been opened to the public....but it should be good when it does.
Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Miro, "guru" anything may be a stretch, but I appreciate the accolade. ;)
sweetbeats

Post by sweetbeats »

WhiskeyJack wrote:Welcome aboard. Find a corner on the forum to make your own and we'll grow from there. If you find quirks or have suggestions PM me or use the suggestion box in the off leash area. Very happy to see a new face here!
Thank you WhiskeyJack. Will do. :)
Roman

Post by Roman »

Hey! I know you! :D