Drum Thrones

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Minerman

Drum Thrones

Post by Minerman »

Just curious what you drummer dudes use, throne-wise...The cheap ass throne I got with my e-kit is gonna have to go...Since I've been playing/practicing for hours every day, I've came to realize I'm gonna have to buy a throne...

What say ye drummer folk???
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rammer24

Re: Drum Thrones

Post by rammer24 »

I'm out of touch with the new stuff and I have no idea of pricing. I'm thinking that a good throne these days is at least $100 brand new? I might be wrong. I'm just going on the fact that last time I looked, about 10 years ago, I could get a good, double-braced throne for about $60.

I have no experience with thrones that have back rests. Never interested me. But you might want to consider that. Just make sure you're sitting on a nice, thick seat if you're going to spend hours on it.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I use a generic inexpensive Pulse throne. It doesn't wear me out, but whenever I sit on good throne, I'm like" fuck yeah I need a new throne". The main thing I like about it is that it isn't noisy. I hate squeaky thrones.

I really like the Pork Pie thrones. They're always thick and comfortable. I'll get one one of these days.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rammer24 wrote:
I have no experience with thrones that have back rests. Never interested me.
They're surprisingly comfortable, and you wouldn't think a back rest on a throne matters, but it does and it surprised the hell out of me. I used one last month at our long Christmas gig and it was super easy. A 2 hour set on drums was nothing. You don't really lean back into it, but just having it there supporting your lower back is nice.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Thanks guys, the throne I have is really, really cheap & kills my ass after about 30 minutes on it...I'm betting the throne I have could be bought for like $20 anywhere...Of course, being the cheap fucker I am, I don't wanna spend a big amount on a drum throne, but I really need a better one...

Never thought about the back rest thing, so if/when I get a new throne, I'll keep that in mind...Thanks again guys!!!
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Yeah, I can see that. Now that I don't gig as much, I probably wouldn't get one. But I would have tried one if I was.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Oops...I was talking to Greg^^^^.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman, do the Criaglist thing. You can probably get a really good one for $20.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Cool guys, I've been looking at a lot of used gear lately, mostly to expand my e-kit...Some of the prices on some things new are just outrageous, so used will definitely be they way to go for me, as I'm a cheap fucker..... :mrgreen:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH