monthly drum challenge?

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
Minerman

Re: monthly drum challenge?

Post by Minerman »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 pm Very good miner! That was pretty damn solid. Well done.
Thanks Greg!!!

You know, I finally "get" what you drummers are talking about when you say it's liberating to just record yourself playing, & not have to jump through hoops fucking around adjusting midi notes...I get it guys, & I absolutely love it...It took me 3 minutes to lay this take down (after a lot of practice though), & if I would've programmed the midi, I still wouldn't be finished with it...

While it is a luxury to be able to edit the midi, I now consider it "cheating", because the only one I'm truly fucking over is myself...I have came a long way in the last few months, but I still have a long way to go, but I'm just gonna keep hammerin' away at the e-kit...

Thanks again guys, I could never have done this without all you guys here in the forum.... :minernuggs:

Now, where the fuck is Jdod??? This is his song... :biggrin:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Ok fuckers, you've created a monster here in the hills of Hickville, USA....Who's gonna throw up the next track for this??? To be honest, I was as nervous as a whore in the first row in church with tattoos, alcohol on my breath, pot smell on my clothes, cum stains on my chin, & needle tracks showing, but I'm ready to try another one... :biggrin:

Of course, my skills are still pretty limited compared to a lot of you guys, but I'm willing to give it a shot...

I know a lot of you guys don't have all day everyday like I do, but I'd even be up for doing this every 2 weeks, or even every week...Doesn't matter to me really, but again, you guys have created a e-drumming fool...

One more thing before I shut up & stop running my mouth here, the past few days have honestly been pretty damn rough for me because I lost my baby of 14+ years, & I hadn't even really picked up the sticks since that went down...But today while I was recording the drums, I got totally lost in the music/playing, & forgot about it, even if it was just a little while, it helped me...So, thanks, that's the best therapy ever... ;)

What's next???? :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Minerman wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:45 amcum stains on my chin,
Wait, what? :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:07 am
Minerman wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:45 amcum stains on my chin,
Wait, what? :lollers2:
Exactly. It might stain fabric, but not skin...
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I dont have anything ready to go for the enxt one. anyone else have anything?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

I have a few un-finished songs, but they might all be a bit weird to use in something like this. A lot of stops and starts, funky beats, off -time here and there. Not saying my muisc is too complex, because it's nowhere near complex. But, without a reference, people might not even know where to begin with some of them.

I can put one up with me drumming to give you guys an idea and you can decide. I can then mute my drums if anyone wants to try their hand at it.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

No! Don't post stuff that has drums lol, just post drumless stuff only. Don't worry about starts, stops, time sit changes or any of that shit, this is about stretching out and writing and playing to things you usually don't get to and listening to people's different interpretations in the material. Post your stuff though Rami! Just don't post drums please lol
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Sorry I got carried away in my last post here guys... :lollers2:

I'm gonna play along no matter what here, although I can't promise the next song will go as smooth for me, but I'll give it a try...I have to admit, just working on that one song the past month made me improve quite a bit...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Minerman wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 pm Sorry I got carried away in my last post here guys... :lollers2:
Not at all. You're hormonal these days, it's all good. :D

But seriously, I hope you're doing well, Miner. I know I literally cried for about 2 weeks after I lost the late great Steve. So, I know it ain't easy. I still do occasionally and it's been 3 plus years.

What I might do is post one of my older tunes for the sole reason that anything I'm working on now doesn't have vocals yet.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

rammer24 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 pm Not at all. You're hormonal these days, it's all good. :D

But seriously, I hope you're doing well, Miner. I know I literally cried for about 2 weeks after I lost the late great Steve. So, I know it ain't easy. I still do occasionally and it's been 3 plus years.

What I might do is post one of my older tunes for the sole reason that anything I'm working on now doesn't have vocals yet.
Thanks Rami, it's gonna take some time, but I'll be ok dude, I really, really appreciate the support....

I'd be glad to take a shot at one of your tunes dude, matter of fact, it'd be an honor, & would keep my mind occupied...

Thanks again dude...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

JD01

Post by JD01 »

Just catching up with the forum after a week off... Miner, you killed it. You're doing great dude.

Both of you though, thanks for having a pop at this, so weird to hear one of my songs done with someone else on the drums.

If no one else posts any tracks up, I don't mind posting up another one in the next week or so - I'll leave it a while to see what everyone else has in mind first though.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

JD01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 am Just catching up with the forum after a week off... Miner, you killed it. You're doing great dude.

Both of you though, thanks for having a pop at this, so weird to hear one of my songs done with someone else on the drums.

If no one else posts any tracks up, I don't mind posting up another one in the next week or so - I'll leave it a while to see what everyone else has in mind first though.
Thanks Jdude, I'll send you the midi file & drum map if you want it dude...You'll have to re-map most of the kit, but you'd have control over everything...Lemme know dude... :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

JD01

Post by JD01 »

Minerman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:36 pm
JD01 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 am Just catching up with the forum after a week off... Miner, you killed it. You're doing great dude.

Thanks Jdude, I'll send you the midi file & drum map if you want it dude...You'll have to re-map most of the kit, but you'd have control over everything...Lemme know dude... :minernuggs:
Cheers mate, send it over. If nothing else ill learn how to import a MIDI file
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I have nothing to offer here other than a Kudos for a great thread ! This is awesome.
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Minerman wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:15 pm Sorry I got carried away in my last post here guys... :lollers2:

I'm gonna play along no matter what here, although I can't promise the next song will go as smooth for me, but I'll give it a try...I have to admit, just working on that one song the past month made me improve quite a bit...
If you want something else to practice to, I've got something that has its bones in place that you can use if you like - no singing yet. Can easily put a click to it. Mainly 4/4 but for the middle section in 5/4 which might be a challenge for ya.... yell out if it's of use and I'll PM you a dropbox link.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Trying a new storage site, lemme know if you guys can/can't download either of these, it's the midi track I recorded with my kit, & the drum map for Reaper...

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0

Has anyone came up with the song for the next go-round???
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I have some stuff by other people but no click and odd changes. We've done them before without problems I can
Post some when I get home if you'd like a listen.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Minerman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm Ok fuckers, here's what I did on this song, I made a point not to listen to anyone else's version, including Jdod's...

I did not edit the midi to this at all, I left it just as it was when I finished recording it, warts & all...

For those who are interested, I can upload the midi track, along with the midi note map for Reaper to my Dropbox...If you're interested, lemme know & I'll send you an invite & link for both...I tried to upload the midi track but it wouldn't allow it, might be something Shan can look into...

I'm pretty damn curious to what you guys think about my version since I've only been playing seriously for a few months now...
That's really great, Miner. :D And Jdude ought to take note that THIS is a proper level for the drums to be at. Maybe a little loud, but definitely in the ballpark. I like that snare sound.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

So, does anybody have anything they'd wanna throw up here & keep this thread alive??? The first round was a lot of fun for me, & it improved my drumming skills...

If nobody else has anything, I'll throw one of my unfinished songs up, I just wanna make sure I don't shoot someone else out of the saddle...

I know everyone is busy, so I'll give it a couple/few days before I put anything up... :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Put it up!