I Know, It's True (The Video)

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
Mr Clean

I Know, It's True (The Video)

Post by Mr Clean »

I thought I'd have a play with making a video for a song. I've dabbled in the past with live playing but nothing like this. It was pretty good fun, learning as I went along.

:coolstorybro:

Cheap Gear - In A Square Room! Getting the job done! :coolstorybro:
Armistice

Re: I Know, It's True (The Video)

Post by Armistice »

Nice work Mr C!
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

What's your camera setup here?

I've got, like, 3 cameras (including old phones) from over the years, and I can't edit them together in a way that meshes well.
Mr Clean

Post by Mr Clean »

Armistice wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:36 pm Nice work Mr C!
Cheers Armi. :coolstorybro:
vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:15 pm What's your camera setup here?

I've got, like, 3 cameras (including old phones) from over the years, and I can't edit them together in a way that meshes well.
Just one camera mate. Canon EOS200D. I filmed myself playing along one way, then from another angle and then just a couple of little clips of the lead bits. Edited them together and sync'd to the recording.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

very nice man!

more please
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:15 pm What's your camera setup here?

I tried two cameras once for a non-musical project and the colours were just all different. Didn't work at all. :mad2:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Mr Clean wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:42 pm
Just one camera mate. Canon EOS200D. I filmed myself playing along one way, then from another angle and then just a couple of little clips of the lead bits. Edited them together and sync'd to the recording.
Ahhhh! I hadn't been paying attention to what your fingers were doing.
Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 pm
I tried two cameras once for a non-musical project and the colours were just all different. Didn't work at all. :mad2:
Right? It's one of those things you don't really think about until all of a sudden your video looks terrible.

I keep trying to do videos with a digital camera, my phone, a webcam, and screen capture; and none of the 4 match (or are even necessarily in focus)
Mr Clean

Post by Mr Clean »

Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:10 pm I tried two cameras once for a non-musical project and the colours were just all different. Didn't work at all. :mad2:
vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 pm Right? It's one of those things you don't really think about until all of a sudden your video looks terrible.

I keep trying to do videos with a digital camera, my phone, a webcam, and screen capture; and none of the 4 match (or are even necessarily in focus)
Yeah I would imagine two different cameras would be extremely difficult to work with unless you could balance the colour in post. Matching them up would be a royal pain in the ass though.

I thought about using my phone to record another angle at the same time and with my plan to make it black and white anyway, would have probably worked OK. In the end it seemed easier to just play along with the song twice and flick between the two. Same camera, same aspect ratio, same colours, etc.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Nice Job Mr.Clean. Good tun recorded well and great effort on the video too. You are a braver man than i .
:happytrees:
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Nice performance, good packaging and content. Some of the best songs were written in a few minutes.
I guess the video took a while longer though :wink: Nice one.
Cheers
Chris
my music
Mr Clean

Post by Mr Clean »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:41 pm Nice Job Mr.Clean. Good tun recorded well and great effort on the video too. You are a braver man than i .
Cheers WJ. I don't know about brave, just a bit of fun. :coolstorybro:
CeeBee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:40 am Nice performance, good packaging and content. Some of the best songs were written in a few minutes.
I guess the video took a while longer though :wink: Nice one.
Cheers CB. It took about 30 minutes to do the video. Finding somewhere good to do the video was so hard. The sun was in and out of the clouds and that ruled out some places as the video didn't like it at all. I spent about an hour moving around the house and doing test shots.

The editing was a lot of trial and error with a new program that I wasn't familiar with. There were a couple of google sessions to find out some ways of doing things, etc. Editing took about 2 hours after about 5 hours of practice runs and working out how I wanted it to be in the end. I'm glad I kept it simple. More camera angles would have made it much more difficult. It's easy to get lost in editing just 2 camera angles.

Good fun though and all in, not as difficult as I thought it would be but I do have some knowledge of video editing from when I was in a band and other things I've done for the wife's school over the years. I'll definitely do more. :coolstorybro: