New Gear - ReAmp Box

General recording topics.
rayc

New Gear - ReAmp Box

Post by rayc »

I bought a relative cheapie - of course!

Alctron DI2600N
Passive Re-Amping DI
AUS$100 delivered.
It has balanced & unbalanced IN
Ground lift,
Mute,
phase
three way filter/EQ switches and a level control.
front.jpg
back.jpg
I hooked it up and it seems fine.
I'm looking at options for less time with my amp cranked and this may assist a little.
Kim's anxiety and skittishness is still high after the birthday that became a funeral visit and the CV19 episode that followed it so I'd like to reduce my part in sending her bonkers if only a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Re: New Gear - ReAmp Box

Post by Greg_L »

That's like a damn near exact knockoff of the Radial. Nice they're handy when you need it.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Re: New Gear - ReAmp Box

Post by rayc »

I did a prop[er test of it today. Ran a track or two, that had been DI'd, through a Pignose because I wanted that sound rather than the rather generic one I'd tracked. It was an easy thing to do: I stuck a 57 in front of the tilted Pig and was pleased. I also sent a lead line through it, into a spring reverb pedal and then to the Pig to use as a panned addition to the lead part...it came through well too.
I do hope not to need to use it but if Kim's not up to the noise of me tracking & retracking loudly then a bunch of headphone & DI attempts to get it right and, eventually, one run through the Marshall, should be a better option.
Cheers
rayc