Work in Progress: Arguments After Dark

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
CrowsofFritz

Work in Progress: Arguments After Dark

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Edit: Almost finished!

This has sucked out all my time in the mornings and has made me so tired by the time I finish my shift around midnight. But it’s starting to take shape. It sounded horrid in the beginning.

Playing around with all the sounds of my Mellotron is also a time sucker.

I’m gonna get some drums laid down on this when I work out some more wrinkles.

Ignore the off beat claps. That happened from some dumb adjustment. I wanted to play around with the signal generator and filters and LFOs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CrowsofFritz on Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Re: Work in Progress: Arguments After Dark

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Right off the bat, I'd like that opening harpsichord (?) panned closer to center. It's kind of distracting in headphones.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:20 pm Right off the bat, I'd like that opening harpsichord (?) panned closer to center. It's kind of distracting in headphones.
Ahh, I can’t remember the last time I played the very intro on headphones lol. I think I initially panned that to test out my new extender.

I’ve added even more instruments and fixed more timing wrinkles and all that. It’ll be ready for drums soon.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

@CrowsofFritz I like this tune. Very McCartney White Album-ish.

One of your better vocal efforts that I can remember as well. Both lead and BG.

My main nit in this version is the distorted guitar sound, it just sounds out of place with the other "retro" style instrumentation. A little less fuzz on it maybe?
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

musicturtle wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:58 pm @CrowsofFritz I like this tune. Very McCartney White Album-ish.

One of your better vocal efforts that I can remember as well. Both lead and BG.

My main nit in this version is the distorted guitar sound, it just sounds out of place with the other "retro" style instrumentation. A little less fuzz on it maybe?
Thanks! I’ll see what effect I put on it. Right now I’m just experimenting with a bunch of Pro Tools stock. Pretty much all DAWs have good stock stuff now. I did authorize my amplitube now, so I can replace it.

Adding this Mellotron has been so freaking fun. I think it’s making me more creative, too. I should have done this a while ago.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

The almost finished work is in the top line. Still need to buff out some things, but I like where it went.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Is the vocal doubled? It has that chorused thing about it. It is a bit of a cacophony in parts.
The backward guitar may be a little overused...I went from "wow cool" to "Does it fir the backing" pretty quickly after the 2nd arrival.
The repeated refrain was a good ending - might have been even better if the backing faded out a little sooner.
Nice one.
Cheers
rayc