Best Of Me

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Lance Manyon

Best Of Me

Post by Lance Manyon »

Thankfully I didn't have to play drums on this one because I couldn't have. :facepalm2:

Genre - "Soft Metal" :metal: :tongue:

PS I am not all that fond of the snare my drummer used. Mine sound so much better but he wanted to use his new toy. :headwall:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No more Mr. nice mean guy! :stein:
vomitHatSteve

Re: Best Of Me

Post by vomitHatSteve »

You've got a lot of harsh sibilants on the vocals. I might take to vocals down a touch or too additionally.

The instrumentation all sounds pretty balanced tho

I think the snare is alright.
Lance Manyon

Post by Lance Manyon »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 pm You've got a lot of harsh sibilants on the vocals. I might take to vocals down a touch or too additionally.

The instrumentation all sounds pretty balanced tho

I think the snare is alright.
Yeah, the vocal sound is a little harsh. I was sort of going for that but made a few mistakes starting with the wrong mic (AT 4047) that mic has a mid boost that can work great for some voices and instruments but not certain vocal performances. Result as you hear is sort of shrill and cold. I'm fine with the music and mix and have accepted the snare sound like a one-armed-red-headed autistic stepchild.

Song is still on my console and I could re-EQ the voice but unless I completely redo the lead vocal with a different mic it'll just be like moving shit around.
No more Mr. nice mean guy! :stein:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Banging tune. I don't have any mix feedback as it's not really my genre and I'm only listening on laptop speakers, but as I'm listening to you sing I'm hearing odd touches of an Australian accent here and there, which is weird...

OK, I will give you some feedback - some loudish 60 cycle hum in the solo bass break between verses you might be able to notch out, perhaps.

:like:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

This one is a rocker.

Are you singing? Great voice whoever is.

The whole thing is a little hot gain wise for me.

And yes some sibilants on the vocals and harshness on the hit hat and ride for my ears.