Feel Me Spin

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
rayc

Feel Me Spin

Post by rayc »

I did a quick demo of pop/garage/psych for BIAB land but it didn't go down well...too many Incense & Peppermints sucker I suspect - well to be fair they they thought psych was pop with the odd sitar lick.
After leaving it for a couple of months I ended up finishing the writing as well as draft vocals. NO tuning on the main vocal...just as an experiment.
I already had the chorus mapped out so wrote the verses as a bio/observation of a famous disappearance.
Needs a real voice though.
BIAB Drums & Organ... the rest is my fault.
garagepsych03012XY.mp3
A few tweaks & shorter.
garagepsych03012XYshort.mp3
080124 A little bit more top end on the vocal...nothing on the stereo/master bus.
Feel Me Spin.mp3
Here's an update with some more top end on the drums etc.
Feel Me Spin3.mp3
lyric
V1B
The madcap giggles,
From behind his guitar.
"You can't see me",
"You can hear this far".
Peter pans across the room,
Peeking at his creeping doom.
C1
With each new day
We fade away
Look at you
Looking at me
Look at me
Looking at you
Each afraid
To speak

V2B
Bald man wander in,
& sits amongst the din.
"You don't see me",
"You don't feel me spin".
With every eye and one beside
In his act of regicide,

C2
With each new day
We've less to say
Look at you & you
Looking at me
Look at me & me
Looking at you
Each afraid
To speak

C3
Look at you
Look at me
& more each day
I fade away
Look at you
Looking at me
Look at me
Looking at you
Each afraid
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rayc on Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Re: Feel Me Spin

Post by Armistice »

I'm getting Facebook suggestions to join the BIAB User Group. I'm blaming you... :lollers:

Interesting group. :biggrin:

I'll have a listen tomorrow sometime.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Not a fan of the overly fuzzy guitar tones - but I guess that's the sound you're going for - I'd prefer a slightly cleaner sound. Same with the solo - although perhaps it's just too much reverb on that. Try drying it out a little.

I'd have to say BIAB Organ Guy is better than BIAB Lead Guitar Guy - that worked quite well.

Musically I think it's a good song - the chord changes work well. There's not too much wrong with the vocal either - more upfront than normal from you?

I'll await the next iteration.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Armistice wrote: ↑Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:54 pm Not a fan of the overly fuzzy guitar tones - but I guess that's the sound you're going for - I'd prefer a slightly cleaner sound. Same with the solo - although perhaps it's just too much reverb on that. Try drying it out a little.
I'd have to say BIAB Organ Guy is better than BIAB Lead Guitar Guy - that worked quite well.
Musically I think it's a good song - the chord changes work well. There's not too much wrong with the vocal either - more upfront than normal from you?
I'll await the next iteration.
Yeah, fuzzy fuzz is in the remit.
BIAB organ fellow isn't bad at all but BIAB lead fellow is generally dreadful though he's not on this...the bad lead is me.
I've shortened the song part way through the organ solo...no real reason for it to go on from a 2nd solo to an outro when delay can make for a dumb garage ending.
I decided to do everything I don't normally do...reasonably normal progressions, non tuned main vocal, upfront vocal, lead by me etc. My Big Muff clone is very true to the original MUFFled sound.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Jumping in on the third mix. The fuzz guitar intro seems reminiscent of Betty Blowtorch's Love/Hate. I like it.

Honestly, I think I would have liked more of that. If you're really going for psychedelic, you could have less clarity.
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:09 pm Jumping in on the third mix. The fuzz guitar intro seems reminiscent of Betty Blowtorch's Love/Hate. I like it.

Honestly, I think I would have liked more of that. If you're really going for psychedelic, you could have less clarity.
I like the BB song - it's a bit Pixies bassline ripped but still quite cool.
MOREEEEEEE FUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? I could do that.
Cheers
rayc
TheTestingYak

Post by TheTestingYak »

good choon brav
Good Choon Brav.