My Pedal collection

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

My Pedal collection

Post by Lt. Bob »

For various reasons I found myself rearranging a bunch of my stuff and that included all my pedals.
So I took a bit of extra time and inventoried them.

First, I didn't have as many as I thought ..... only 71 ..... that doesn't include the modelers.
And I may have missed one of two ..... they're a bit scattered around the house.
But this should be a complete list of my pedals and I think it's exact, or at worst ... short one or two.

ELECTRO-HARMONIX
TS-808 re-issue .... square button
Ravish Sitar
Cock Fight
Lester G Deluxe
B9 Organ Machine
Key 9 Keyboards
P.O.G.
Oceans 11
Satisfaction Fuzz
Electric Mistress
Hot Tubes .... from late 70's-early 80's?
Poly Phase .... same
Graphic Equalizer .... same

ALL PEDAL
Love Machine
KITS ... Galactic Vice
Ghost Drive
Slamauri distortion

DOD
FX-100 Even Harmonic Overdrive

GUITAR FETISH
Pro-Fuzz
Pro-Delay

JOYO
Hot Plexi
Classic Flanger
Vintage Phase

VOO-DOO LABS
Micro-Vibe

PETERSON
StroboStomp

DIGITECH
Hardwire Delay
Jimi Hendrix Experience

BOSS
Power Drive PW-2
Blues Driver BD-2
Flanger BF-2
RE-20 echoplex pedal
CS-1 comp/sustainer
AC-2 Acoustic sim
SY-1 Synth
TU-2

WISH
Klon Klone

DELAMO
Fuzz
Clear Boost
Vintage Distortion

DANELECTRO
Back Talk
FAB Overdrive

BEHRINGER
RM 600 Rotary Machine

ROCKTRON
Deep Blue chorus
Metal Planet

MXR
Dynacomp
Analog Delay- old green one plugs into wall .... it's the original the Carbon Copy copies
Stereo Chorus ..... old .... plugs into wall

ZOOM
Power Drive PD-01 (seriously great pedal )

CATLINBREAD
R.A.H.
EchoRec
Belle Epoch Deluxe

XOTIC EFFECTS
SP Compressor
EP Boost
SL Drive

DONNER
White Tape stereo delay

LEKATO
Looper

T.C. HELIKON
Harmony Singer
Hall of Fame Reverb

DAMAGE CONTROL
Liquid Blues .... cool tube distortion/comp

DUNLOP
Leo Nocentelli signature WAH

ROSS
Flanger .... the red one
Stereo Delay ..... yellow
Phaser - Distortion .......... purplish
10-band EQ ..... blue

MORLEY
Pro Flanger
Pik Percusion
Big Foot Guiter Amplifier
AB Y Splitter

AKAI
Head Rush Delay

TUBE WORKS
Real Tube

ALESIS
Bitrman
Phlnger
MOD FX Mashup
MOD FX Faze
Ampliton
Philtr
MetaVox

HOTONE
Harmony

TOMSLINE
Harmonizer

CHINA GENEREC
Classic Chorus

FOXX
Tone Machine

MODELERS ..... all still working
Johnson J-Station
Behringer V-Amp
POD 2.0
Rocktron Utopia
Digitech RP-360
NUX MG 400
Digitech Valve-FX (rackmount )

that's stupid! :cuckoo:
lol .... decent collection I guess ... a few rarities .... I like the cheap ones too though

I have one coming from Temu .... a cool ambient 'verby thing so that'll be 72 !
:k:
rayc

Re: My Pedal collection

Post by rayc »

WOW & WWWWWOW,
When you get time I'd love to read which ones are just great fun and which ones get the job done.
Cheers
rayc
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

If you fixed them all to a pedal board you'ld need an Irish Riverdance Troupe to operate them :lollers:

Which ones do you actually use?
Cheers
Chris
my music
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Nice collection, Bob! I don't have that much spare cash for pedals so I only keep what I really need for recording. I am thinking of getting a couple more though.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

That's quite the set! How many of those are self assembled now?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:39 am That's quite the set! How many of those are self assembled now?
The Ghost Drive, Slamauri and Galactic Vise are all self built and are all on my main board.
So far all my kit pedals perform excellently ..... Galactic Vise replaced a Xotic SP comp on my board so pretty damned good.

AND you reminded me I still have several kits to finish.
This one I'm excited about: https://zeppelindesignlabs.com/product/ ... olo-pedal/

I also have an optical phaser and a distortion from Stew Mac called the Rattler still to be done ..... that'll make an even 75!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:55 am Nice collection, Bob! I don't have that much spare cash for pedals so I only keep what I really need for recording. I am thinking of getting a couple more though.
well .... these have been bought over many years and I tend to keep what I get ... a friend once told me, "Never sell your gear ..... yuou just spend the money and then you don't have anything".
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CeeBee wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:54 am If you fixed them all to a pedal board you'ld need an Irish Riverdance Troupe to operate them :lollers:

Which ones do you actually use?
well my main board has the StroboStomp > Cockfight > Galactic Vise > EP booster > Slamauri > Catlinbread RAH > SL Drive > Hardwire Delay > Oceans 11 > Lester G Deluxe. And then I'll usually stick the Ghost Drive in front of all of that.
These are all pedals I use constantly.

I do have plans to build a slightly bigger board 'cause I want to add the Ghost Drive, SY-1, the POG and the Back Talk.
I actually use all of these but they don't fit on the board so I have to carry and wired them up separately.
So these are the pedals I flat out use all the time when doing gigs with my amps.

Having said that, the SL Drive doesn't do it for me anymore so it's gonna get replaced at some point but no idea what'll take its place.

I also have a secondary board I use for when I don't want to have to worry about it and it has the GF Pro-Delay, TS808, Wish Klon Klone, TU-2 and Micro Vibe.
That's the one I take to N.O. ..... nothing in there to freak about if it got stolen.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

rayc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:06 am WOW & WWWWWOW,
When you get time I'd love to read which ones are just great fun and which ones get the job done.
I'll have to do that ..... be fun to think about my reactions to each.

I can say ALL of the E.H. stuff is great and useful with only a couple of exceptions ...... I do find the Satisfaction Fuzz 'meh' and the old ones ( Poly Phase and Hot Tubes and Graphic ) are old and noisy. I prolly should clean them up.

The B9 Organ Machine is cool but requires you really changing your attack and phrasing to get them to sound right and I don't feel like doing that.
The Key9 works much better because a keyboard and a git have similar attacks so you don't have to adjust your playing.

The POG is awesome and the Oceans 11 is so good I wish I'd got the Oceans 12.
They'll be on my ultimate board.

The Ravish Sitar is way fun ...... still haven't recorded anything with it but you can sit and space out for hours with it.
Don't think I'd gig it though ... but who knows?
I do sometimes take a weirding pedal along. :eep:

As for the rest ------ I guess I'll have to look over the list and kinda assess a scorecard .... stay tuned!
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I dragged out all of mine to see if I could reunite everything with their respective boxes. I don't have a ton of pedals, but enough to have a lot of fun with. I snapped a pic before I started boxing them up. I'm surprised at how many original boxes I still have after all these years! I think that the oldest of my pedals are the Boss CS-3 and BF-3. Those only date back to the late 90s or early 2000s.

I do actually cycle them through and use almost all of them as I rotate pedals to experiment. Although I could live without the BF-3 and MXR EQ pedals, they don't get used very much.
PXL_20240107_222721716.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

One that I really want is the BOSS CE1. I have an emulation on the computer, and it’s damn good, but I want the real thing. I’ll never get it, though. To many other things I’d want before it.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
JD01

Post by JD01 »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:54 am One that I really want is the BOSS CE1. I have an emulation on the computer, and it’s damn good, but I want the real thing. I’ll never get it, though. To many other things I’d want before it.
There's a fancy version of the CE2 which sounds pretty indistinguishable from the CE1 when its dialed in. I have a CH1 which I like... and its a lot cheaper than either.

I have a couple of pedals that I want this year.
1. A better reverb - I like the sound of the cheaper JHS reverbs (3 series?). I currently have the HoF mini reverb and I think its crap - its strange, I always fancy a bit of reverb when I'm just playing but then I turn it on and don't really like it - it negatively affects my playing.
2. A Carbon Copy analogue delay. I currently have the Flashback 2 which does loads of cool shit and I use it for recording all the time, but much like the HoF mini, it leaves me feeling a bit meh when I just try and play it for fun. I think its something almost imperceptible to do with the "digitalness" of them. I've never quite been able to put my finger on what it is.
3. A fuzz... I've been getting lost checking out fuzz comparisons - I have a clear idea of what I want, but I've never owned a fuzz, so dunno if they basically all do what I want when you dial them in, or whether I'm after something really particular - I'll just have to stop being so fucking lazy and try a few in a shop instead of just watching YouTube demos.
4. Wouldn't mind a new Wah. Or maybe I'll gut mine and learn to solder. In fact that's a good start 'cos its basically worthless anyway.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:16 am
CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:54 am One that I really want is the BOSS CE1. I have an emulation on the computer, and it’s damn good, but I want the real thing. I’ll never get it, though. To many other things I’d want before it.
There's a fancy version of the CE2 which sounds pretty indistinguishable from the CE1 when its dialed in. I have a CH1 which I like... and its a lot cheaper than either.

I have a couple of pedals that I want this year.
1. A better reverb - I like the sound of the cheaper JHS reverbs (3 series?). I currently have the HoF mini reverb and I think its crap - its strange, I always fancy a bit of reverb when I'm just playing but then I turn it on and don't really like it - it negatively affects my playing.
2. A Carbon Copy analogue delay. I currently have the Flashback 2 which does loads of cool shit and I use it for recording all the time, but much like the HoF mini, it leaves me feeling a bit meh when I just try and play it for fun. I think its something almost imperceptible to do with the "digitalness" of them. I've never quite been able to put my finger on what it is.
3. A fuzz... I've been getting lost checking out fuzz comparisons - I have a clear idea of what I want, but I've never owned a fuzz, so dunno if they basically all do what I want when you dial them in, or whether I'm after something really particular - I'll just have to stop being so fucking lazy and try a few in a shop instead of just watching YouTube demos.
4. Wouldn't mind a new Wah. Or maybe I'll gut mine and learn to solder. In fact that's a good start 'cos its basically worthless anyway.
I had a wah that broke. The switch popped and it was forever stuck on the effect (much better than bypass, I suppose). I donated it to the community studio I took a high school course in. I’m sure they’re still using it.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Thing with my wah, its fucked anyway, I might as well use it to practice on.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:01 am Thing with my wah, its fucked anyway, I might as well use it to practice on.
I practiced on a few of these before going to town on my own gear, they're cheap and low-stakes. I ruined a couple before I got the hang of it:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=velleman+sol ... _sb_noss_1

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=elenco+solde ... _sb_noss_1
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

*clutches pearls*

Not one JHS pedal in that collection Lt. ....... Love it!

When i was looking for a a reverb pedal i did consider that Oceans 11 and still sometimes regret getting the holy grail nano verb. I think that oceans 11 would be way more versatile.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 am
JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:01 am Thing with my wah, its fucked anyway, I might as well use it to practice on.
I practiced on a few of these before going to town on my own gear, they're cheap and low-stakes. I ruined a couple before I got the hang of it:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=velleman+sol ... _sb_noss_1

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=elenco+solde ... _sb_noss_1
Given how utterly useless I am at soldering, a learn to solder kit might be useful.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:14 pm *clutches pearls*

When i was looking for a a reverb pedal i did consider that Oceans 11 and still sometimes regret getting the holy grail nano verb. I think that oceans 11 would be way more versatile.
What Oceans 11 sounds interesting.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:13 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:14 pm *clutches pearls*

What Oceans 11 sounds interesting.
This one ! https://www.ehx.com/products/oceans-11/

I also do quite like the movies as well. They are a pretty good franchise of flicks.
:happytrees: