Lights on for 2024!!!

We keep the lights on.
Armistice

Lights on for 2024!!!

Post by Armistice »

Attention @WhiskeyJack - don't you be bankrolling us accidentally now, will you.

Time to call for donations again?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Where's "Lights on for 2024"????

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Yes actually 100%.

I was waffling on it a week or two ago and then work got batshit crazy and i totally forgot!!! Yes!!! I'll tackle that here in a sec.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Re: Lights on for 2024!!!

Post by Lt. Bob »

what does it actually cost to keep the lights on .... just outta curiosity .... I always give .... maybe all if I knew how much it costs
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 am what does it actually cost to keep the lights on .... just outta curiosity .... I always give .... maybe all if I knew how much it costs
I think he posted it a couple of years ago. I had a quick look but it wasn't last year. I was of the impression it was a couple of hundred Canadian shekels, but I could be wrong...
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:39 am what does it actually cost to keep the lights on .... just outta curiosity .... I always give .... maybe all if I knew how much it costs
I usually post that in the first post if the thread for full disclosure but I'm having a hard time finding the invoice in their rebuilt customer portal. When I get the boy back home and to bed tonight ill dig and post that info up guys.

You can probably read the previous threads to get a tough idea and assume and increased inflation cost.

Again, I'll have a number up as soon as I find the stupid bill. 👍👍👍
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Yea this new site overhaul at hostgator is painful. It used to be pretty black and white when id sign in to the billing portal and I could open an invoice and pay it now it isn't set up like that. They have lists of stuff to pay for... some look like useless upsells some look like they could be the right thing to pay for but I have no point of reference. I'll have to call customer service tmr and figure it out.

More to follow.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:32 am Yea this new site overhaul at hostgator is painful. It used to be pretty black and white when id sign in to the billing portal and I could open an invoice and pay it now it isn't set up like that. They have lists of stuff to pay for... some look like useless upsells some look like they could be the right thing to pay for but I have no point of reference. I'll have to call customer service tmr and figure it out.

More to follow.
Probably no need to pay for that additional service that logs @vomitHatSteve out randomly anymore... :lol:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:11 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:32 am Yea this new site overhaul at hostgator is painful. It used to be pretty black and white when id sign in to the billing portal and I could open an invoice and pay it now it isn't set up like that. They have lists of stuff to pay for... some look like useless upsells some look like they could be the right thing to pay for but I have no point of reference. I'll have to call customer service tmr and figure it out.

More to follow.
Probably no need to pay for that additional service that logs @vomitHatSteve out randomly anymore... :lol:
:lollers2:

Shan, did you ever get a chance to look into using a CDN and cloud hosting for file storage to reduce the costs that we talked about last year?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:54 am
Armistice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:11 am

:lollers2:

Shan, did you ever get a chance to look into using a CDN and cloud hosting for file storage to reduce the costs that we talked about last year?
I did not. No. There we some strong feelings addressed to me from some folks re: Amazon so i just set it aside for a rainy day.

The one nice thing is that we have the smallest package plan from host gator and they have gifted us extra storage earlier this year. We are currently only using about 18GB of our 1TB. I find that hard to believe but it all checks out.

I am still trying to suss out the invoices / prices with them. I literally can not find it on the site. The robot chat support is fucking useless and i sat on hold with CS for 45 mins this morning but had to drop the call to take another for work.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Anyway, donation sent. I'm assuming you haven't changed PayPal details in the last year... :eep:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Armistice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:27 pm Anyway, donation sent. I'm assuming you haven't changed PayPal details in the last year... :eep:
Nope!!! Donation rcv'd! thank you kindly Armi!
Mr Clean

Post by Mr Clean »

@WhiskeyJack I've just sent over a couple bucks - Hope it helps :coolstorybro:
Cheap Gear - In A Square Room! Getting the job done! :coolstorybro:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:00 pm
Armistice wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:27 pm Anyway, donation sent. I'm assuming you haven't changed PayPal details in the last year... :eep:
Nope!!! Donation rcv'd! thank you kindly Armi!
Get yourself something nice... :lollers:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Done...I couldn't remember how much so I just sent the same amount I pay for mastering.
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Cheers all who have donated thank you kindly. I am currently in Edmonton for a few days for Calamari appointments and stuff. I'll keep digging for invoices I think I'll try am email to them over my morning coffee.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Sent a little something.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ok,

After much back and forth with hostgator it seems that normal days of yore of having ready access to bills, invoices and rcpts are long gone. I simply have access to a "renewal centre" where I just renew payments. So anyways thats that.

Here is this year's Info.

Domain Renewal + Privacy Protection and Server Hosting Feeees Etc = 176.82 USD (237 CAD, 261 AUD, 139 GBP, 161 EUR)

As expected up a little bit over last year.

If anyone is interested in seeing the rcpt please reach out to me and I can share. Thanks.

Donation link here for those that have have not yet but may feel like donating.

WJ's Paypal
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:15 am Sent a little something.
🙏 Bless you my son.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

money away!
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Hmmm, the exchange rate is worse this year, so you only get about $2 CAD less. :(