SCORE !!!!!

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

SCORE !!!!!

Post by Lt. Bob »

Donner has this carbon fiber acoustic that has caught some buzz ..... goes around 6 or 7 hundred. The Rising G Pro .... plenty of Youtubes if you're curious.

I was checking out EBay and Donner has an official factory refurbish shop that sells refurbs with full 2 year guarantees and they had the Rising G Pro for $105! :eep:

I pulled the trigger and just got the thing ...... doesn't look like a refurb ..... actually looks and was packed as brand new.
I think they may have just wanted to dump a few.

Came with a nice padded case ,,, a capo ... an extra set of strings ...a strap ... polishing cloth and a freakin' headstock tuner!

Was gonna put that deal up for ya'll to consider but next day they were gone ...... may have just caught a flash deal.

Anyways next week I'll get some pics and clips up.
It's a travel guitar size so a small body which won't have the bass of a dreadnought but it sounds nice and balanced and the small size makes it easy to hold for a non acoustic player such as myself.
It is a 25" scale.

I have a Norman acoustic ( Canadian ) which was around $500 22 years ago so a decent acoustic so I will record it also so we can compare the two.

But man what a score ...... yay!
CrowsofFritz

Re: SCORE !!!!!

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Dang, I’ve seen some carbon fiber guitar videos. Dude brought it from his house outside where it was below freezing. No tuning issues. The one I want is a lot, though.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I bet the carbon fiber will be perfect for the Florida climate. Going from air conditioning to wet soupy heat, it should be great. Enjoy!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:18 pm Dang, I’ve seen some carbon fiber guitar videos. Dude brought it from his house outside where it was below freezing. No tuning issues. The one I want is a lot, though.
Handy to know if I ever need a guitar to play in the snow! How were his hands? :lollers:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Armistice wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:12 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:18 pm Dang, I’ve seen some carbon fiber guitar videos. Dude brought it from his house outside where it was below freezing. No tuning issues. The one I want is a lot, though.
Handy to know if I ever need a guitar to play in the snow! How were his hands? :lollers:
Better than my hands could ever be at that temperature. I’ve seen people play in cold weather and don’t know how they do it. My hands would freeze up.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:27 am
Armistice wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:12 pm

Better than my hands could ever be at that temperature. I’ve seen people play in cold weather and don’t know how they do it. My hands would freeze up.
It seems to be a really individual thjing.
personally I'm indifferent to temperature for some reason>

Heat that has everyone panting doesn't affect me and I'll be out in the noon day sun mowing away>
And I don't even own a real jacket .,.... just a windbreaker and I rarely wear that.
Don't own gloves ...,... got it from my dad I suppose .... he never got cold or hot either.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Mr. Hutter: The Well Temperatured Clavier
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

I can play in relative cold (it's never that cold here anyway) but I don't like playing in heat, not so much for the heat itself, but because of sweating on my hands changing the friction level on the back of the neck. My playing style often involves fairly large leaps up and down the fretboard at reasonable speed playing different chord shapes, either as chords or in some arpeggiated fashion, so all of a sudden sticking to the back of the neck is a major pain.

Only on my tele, with the non-gloss neck is this OK. Every other guitar has a glossy neck and is subject to the sweat factor. How this affects different people depends upon how much they sweat as well, I guess.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Nice find! I saw an ad as well for these.

Look forward to seeing how you like it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:26 am personally I'm indifferent to temperature for some reason>
Come visit me in February. You'll be anything but indifferent.

Good snag on the guitar buddy! Love seeing those deals for people.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:04 pm

Come visit me in February.
I'm going to upstate NY in January. Not looking forward to that kind of cold.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:28 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:04 pm

Come visit me in February.
I'm going to upstate NY in January. Not looking forward to that kind of cold.
Pack a toque and drink plenty of hot chocolate. You'll do great.
:happytrees: