Alec Eiffel - Pixies cover

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
paulman

Re: Alec Eiffel - Pixies cover

Post by paulman »

Thanks @vomitHatSteve . I just posted the final mix. I retracked the vocal and applied the cut that @rayc recommended on the whole mix. I got those Steven Slate headphones that @musicturtle mentioned, and they're fucking phenomenal. The mix sounds good on everything I've tried. The vocal is much better than it was when I was methed out on Sudafed, but I still don't love it. This song is just not a great one for me to sing for some reason. It's easy, but I think too easy. It's hard to find a way to put any real energy into it. But it is brighter, because of a better performance rather than anything to do with mixing. I'm no Frank Black, but hopefully our resident Pixies fans @Bubba and @Greg_L approve.
Alec Eiffel master 29.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Sounds great to me @paulman

On all of the VSX settings. I do love the headphone system as well.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

paulman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:25 am Thanks @vomitHatSteve . I just posted the final mix. I retracked the vocal and applied the cut that @rayc recommended on the whole mix. I got those Steven Slate headphones that @musicturtle mentioned, and they're fucking phenomenal. The mix sounds good on everything I've tried. The vocal is much better than it was when I was methed out on Sudafed, but I still don't love it. This song is just not a great one for me to sing for some reason. It's easy, but I think too easy. It's hard to find a way to put any real energy into it. But it is brighter, because of a better performance rather than anything to do with mixing. I'm no Frank Black, but hopefully our resident Pixies fans @Bubba and @Greg_L approve.

Alec Eiffel master 29.mp3
I think it's mostly really good. Like 98% there. My only problem now is, now that I can hear the cymbals, they are really pretty bright and thin in the very upper ranges of the highs. he pings and crashes are very spiky. Tame (<<<< see what I did there?) the overheads a little and you'll be good to go IMO.
Rebel Yell
TheTestingYak

Post by TheTestingYak »

good choon brav
Good Choon Brav.