Rolling Stone’s new (and always controversial) greatest guitarists of all time list

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
vomitHatSteve

Re: Rolling Stone’s new (and always controversial) greatest guitarists of all time list

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:32 am
Greg_L wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:57 am

I honestly don't think I've ever even opened a Rolling Stone magazine. They do not and have not ever covered music that interests me.
I bought a record at a store once and the store gave me three free issues. I cancelled my subscription before it was up. Was still getting magazines. I cancelled again. Still getting them.

I canceled online and over the phone after calling many different places because they were deflecting who has the authority over the subscription.

On my third and latest attempt to cancel I emailed two different parties, I told them I informed my bank to not allow the charges for a subscription and if you send me magazines, they will be coming to me for free.

It’s predatory shit.

I only flipped through the stuff they sent me. It’s mostly garbage. The only thing the piqued my interest a little was an anniversary interview of the cast from School Of Rock since I liked that movie. Even that was garbage.
Geeze! Why didn't you just file a chargeback the first time they renewed?
CrowsofFritz

Re: Rolling Stone’s new (and always controversial) greatest guitarists of all time list

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:27 am
CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:32 am

I bought a record at a store once and the store gave me three free issues. I cancelled my subscription before it was up. Was still getting magazines. I cancelled again. Still getting them.

I canceled online and over the phone after calling many different places because they were deflecting who has the authority over the subscription.

On my third and latest attempt to cancel I emailed two different parties, I told them I informed my bank to not allow the charges for a subscription and if you send me magazines, they will be coming to me for free.

It’s predatory shit.

I only flipped through the stuff they sent me. It’s mostly garbage. The only thing the piqued my interest a little was an anniversary interview of the cast from School Of Rock since I liked that movie. Even that was garbage.
In the end, after 11 of 12 months were refunded to me, I figured I wasn’t going to bother with the amount that one magazine would cost. It’s honestly annoying that three separate entities are involved in that crap and that each of them defers to the other like the freaking recycling logo, though.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:56 am
vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:27 am

In the end, after 11 of 12 months were refunded to me, I figured I wasn’t going to bother with the amount that one magazine would cost. It’s honestly annoying that three separate entities are involved in that crap and that each of them defers to the other like the freaking recycling logo, though.
I recently ( well a year ago ) cancelled Newsweek since it's basically People magazine now and I don't give the least little crap about "Today's top 100 youth entrepreneurs ".
Same bullshit .... kept getting mags and a renewal ...... I called Discover .... told them not to allow charges.
And actually credit card companies will often tell you they can't do that and you have to go thru the company.
So I told Discover to close my account .... there, done! Can't charge a closed account.

And within weeks Discover had mailed me multiple offers to get a Discover card so it had zero impact on me plus I have like 13 or 14 cards.

Actually I don't quite understand why card companies want me since I pay in full every month so they don't make any money on me.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:35 am
Armistice wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:07 am

You need mad skill to play a guitar that's firing rockets.
I bet you'd do it if you could.
I probably would. Just the once... :lollers:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:48 pm
Actually I don't quite understand why card companies want me since I pay in full every month so they don't make any money on me.
They do make money almost every time you use the card since they charge the merchant up to 3% in processing fees.

Of course, if you can nab one of those really nice 5% cashback cards, then they definitely aren't doing so hot!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 am
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:48 pm
They do make money almost every time you use the card since they charge the merchant up to 3% in processing fees.

Of course, if you can nab one of those really nice 5% cashback cards, then they definitely aren't doing so hot!
ever so often my Discover card will gibe 5% back on purchases from a particular vendor.
Like now it's Amazon ...... so I make a point to use it and get my wife to use it.

mo' money mo' money mo' money!