From the vault - The Jongleurs - Live and Looping

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
Armistice

From the vault - The Jongleurs - Live and Looping

Post by Armistice »

I was doing a bit of a clear up of the recording PC and I found this and a few others cut from a gig in 2011.

The sound is courtesy of a Sony Handicam and is appalling - the handicam is also on "his" side of the stage so the sound is more from "his" speaker rather than mine, which is a pity as the entire point of putting this video on YouTube is as a demonstration of the amount of effort that goes into the looping which I'd do for these songs, back in the day when we still used the looper.

This was at its most extreme, with an additional microphone going through the looper as well so I could embed some harmonies before the ending.

It starts with me playing the main chord passage backwards (time-wise) then reversing the loop so you get that shhoooop, shooop, shoooop sound, and building on it in various ways. :crazy: Due to the crappy sound quality of the handicam video, the details of a lot of this aren't super clear, but you can at least see all the shit I had to do to get through a song. :lollers: God help us if I mucked it up somewhere, but I don't recall that I ever did. :nyuk:

In the end we dispensed with looping once our gigging was relegated to the occasional 30 minute set - better to cram more songs with just the two of us playing in that do extended looping versions of them... but it was quite the challenge at the time.

Anyway - just thought some of you may be interested...'

vomitHatSteve

Re: From the vault - The Jongleurs - Live and Looping

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Ah crowd noise. The bane of so many live recordings.

Cool video tho. I like to see lots of looping and stuff.
rayc

Re: From the vault - The Jongleurs - Live and Looping

Post by rayc »

I saw it on Utub last night. quite the foot work out. Nice harmonies too.
Cheers
rayc