Plexi please.....

DIY Studio Stuff
Lt. Bob

Re: Plexi please.....

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:09 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:59 pm my gerg stuff seems to be rock solid .... but if I ever have a problem I understand their customer support is second to none unless they're fishing
. And some of that Weber stuff is iffy
that's part of why we changed out a few parts in that Weber kit I believe
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:46 pm that's part of why we changed out a few parts in that Weber kit I believe
Right and partly just to make it more accurate to what Fender did.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Well I'm giving up on making a tone clip video. I don't know how to mute the camera audio and switch to the cab mics when the amp is playing. It keeps going out of sync and and fuck this stupid shit.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

It depends on the software for editing what program are you using?
With Videopad the audio can be muted or "unlinked".
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:47 pm It depends on the software for editing what program are you using?
With Videopad the audio can be muted or "unlinked".
I was using some open source something or other. Uninstalled it.

Then I downloaded the free DaVinci thing. Holy shit I don't even know where to begin I even got lost watching the tutorial. Video is not for me. :frown:

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe I'll just eat rat poison.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:09 pm Well I'm giving up on making a tone clip video. I don't know how to mute the camera audio and switch to the cab mics when the amp is playing. It keeps going out of sync and and fuck this stupid shit.
Assuming you're mic-ing your cab and recording the sound clip into Reaper, then rendering that clip as a .wav and dumping that into some video software, try doing the Reaper render at 48kHz instead of 44.1kHz which we all tend to use as default - something to do with getting frame rates, which are always based around multiples of 12, to match with audio sample rates, which we usually do at CD resolution of 44.1kHz which isn't a multiple of anything.

Or something like that... I don't really understand it myself but never have sync issues when I do it this way and do when I don't.

In any case it's a simple enough thing to do another render and drop it into whatever the video software is - it'll work it it won't. :like:

EDIT - just reading that you uninstalled whatever it was. Whoops. Perhaps try again with it rather than Da Vinci!
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:25 pm I was using some open source something or other. Uninstalled it.

Then I downloaded the free DaVinci thing. Holy shit I don't even know where to begin I even got lost watching the tutorial. Video is not for me. :frown:

Yeah DaVinci is great and all, but it's complicated. It took me a long time to even be able to do the basic stuff that I do with it. It's got a steep learning curve. Honestly I hate every video editor I've used. I use Davinci because it's free and full-featured and I hate it less than the other ones that I've tried, and it crashes less frequently than the others.

I agree with Armi, I bet the out of sync thing is a sample rate mismatch between what the camera records and what your DAW records. I got to where I always work at 48 kHz just to avoid that exact issue. Video editors generally make an assumption that you're working with 48 kHz audio. You should be able to change it somewhere in the options to tell it you're working with 44.1 kHz audio.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

@Armistice @Tadpui You are probably right because my test runs with DaVinci have the software convert my audio to whatever it is DaVinci is looking for. The other thing did not do that. Knowing this maybe I'll give that open source one another shot because just looking at DaVinci makes me want to kill myself.

Part of me wants to just say fuck it because I'm truly not interested in making any videos. Another part of me wants to defeat this because I don't like not being able to do something. :mad:
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:11 am

Part of me wants to just say fuck it because I'm truly not interested in making any videos.
But you do seem interested in sharing your knowledge and skillz
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm

But you do seem interested in sharing your knowledge and skillz
Only with yall though. No one else sees this stuff. None of the dumb vids I've made are public.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Greg_L wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:25 pm I was using some open source something or other. Uninstalled it.

Yeah DaVinci is great and all, but it's complicated. It took me a long time to even be able to do the basic stuff that I do with it. It's got a steep learning curve. Honestly I hate every video editor I've used. I use Davinci because it's free and full-featured and I hate it less than the other ones that I've tried, and it crashes less frequently than the others.

I agree with Armi, I bet the out of sync thing is a sample rate mismatch between what the camera records and what your DAW records. I got to where I always work at 48 kHz just to avoid that exact issue. Video editors generally make an assumption that you're working with 48 kHz audio. You should be able to change it somewhere in the options to tell it you're working with 44.1 kHz audio.
I wonder if this is the issue i am running into with trying to clean up the audio in some old VHS stuff that got digitized? I will look into it when i have time. I'll bet it it is nothing more than this. Mind you i am dumping video into reaper to do that clean up? So maybe i need to tell reaper that the video is 48 or whatever KHZ or chnage my settings to or something. I'll have to confirm some numbers first on the video. :illdrinktothat:

Good luck with the tone video @Greg_L if you do decide to tackle it let us know wtf it was.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:05 pm
That Weber JCM800 I built for my buddy is having a problem. I haven't got my hands back on it yet to determine if it's my fault or a part failure. :spacepalm:
It most definitely was not my fault. It was a bad dollar store power strip. :facepalm:
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:11 am
Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:05 pm
That Weber JCM800 I built for my buddy is having a problem. I haven't got my hands back on it yet to determine if it's my fault or a part failure. :spacepalm:
It most definitely was not my fault. It was a bad dollar store power strip. :facepalm:
Ah, the weakest link... :lollers:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ok i am all caught up on videos.

Really good job man. On the amp and the trouble shooting and all that stuff. It's been fun to watch you walk thru this one. I feel like I'd personally have better luck rebuilding my snowblower than trying to trouble shoot what could be wrong with any amp. It's cool to see you (and anyone else with the where withall) to take on this sort of stuff. The more we work our way into more and more digital (disposeable) culture the less we see people nose dive into the guts of this roots gear stuff.

Awesome job buddy.
rayc

Post by rayc »

@Greg_L,
Have you seen this vid and weird mod?
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:56 pm @Greg_L,
Have you seen this vid and weird mod?
I have. I like that guy's channel. No idea what the goal was with that amp mod.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:29 pm Ok i am all caught up on videos.

Really good job man. On the amp and the trouble shooting and all that stuff. It's been fun to watch you walk thru this one. I feel like I'd personally have better luck rebuilding my snowblower than trying to trouble shoot what could be wrong with any amp. It's cool to see you (and anyone else with the where withall) to take on this sort of stuff. The more we work our way into more and more digital (disposeable) culture the less we see people nose dive into the guts of this roots gear stuff.

Awesome job buddy.
Thanks man! :coolstorybro: :coolstorybro:

Funny thing is....I'm about to build another one. One of my band guys heard this one and immediately started ordering parts. His will be more like a 70s era - little more aggressive.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:55 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:29 pm Ok i am all caught up on videos.

Awesome job buddy.
Thanks man! :coolstorybro: :coolstorybro:

Funny thing is....I'm about to build another one. One of my band guys heard this one and immediately started ordering parts. His will be more like a 70s era - little more aggressive.
HAHAH perfect!!! Carving out a little niche for yourself buddy!! Good on ya! :like: :like: :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:04 pm

HAHAH perfect!!! Carving out a little niche for yourself buddy!! Good on ya! :like: :like: :like:
:nyuk: :nyuk: :nyuk: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell