I need a new Cab.

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Armistice

Re: I need a new Cab.

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:11 pm I do remember when people slagged off at Made In Japan. Cheaper, smaller etc. Now a lot of those "junk" things are still working and the MIJ label is valuable. Will China cut through to that? Probably. The Harley Benton, TC Electronics, Behringer & Joyo brands stepped up their quality from low to higher expectations. Investing 30k at this point, hmmm. Where are Suzukis made? India & Japan. Will Made In India become a badge we know & love? Definitely Made In Vietnam isn't a bad thing.
If you've hung around the FB gear forums you'll have noticed specific references to guitars made in the Fujigen factory as being of particularly high quality. I'm going to assume that's in Japan, somewhere. I've always been happy to buy Japanese cars and would again if they actually get supply sorted. I'd buy Lexus over the Germans these days - not that I'm looking at that level anyway.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:20 am
JD01 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:59 am
I drive a Chinese car, and MG. They bought the old British brand MG about 15 years ago.
China made it a state goal to dominate the EV market and they seem to be doing well so far.
I'm less concerned about Chinese manufacturing of existing brands - MG - and more of their own brands that are popping up everywhere - Haval, Chery and various others - seems to be a new one every month. This doesn't stop the locals buying them, however, as they're cheap. What they'll be like in a few years is an unanswered question.

My general antipathy towards China is borne of their actions in our region in the last decade - specifically towards Australia with their unwarranted trade antics, but also our pacific neighbours. They're a malign force in the world, so I try not to give them any of my money, if possible.
Well, MG are owned by SIAC, state owned Chinese firm.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:22 am
Armistice wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:20 am

I'm less concerned about Chinese manufacturing of existing brands - MG - and more of their own brands that are popping up everywhere - Haval, Chery and various others - seems to be a new one every month. This doesn't stop the locals buying them, however, as they're cheap. What they'll be like in a few years is an unanswered question.

My general antipathy towards China is borne of their actions in our region in the last decade - specifically towards Australia with their unwarranted trade antics, but also our pacific neighbours. They're a malign force in the world, so I try not to give them any of my money, if possible.
Well, MG are owned by SIAC, state owned Chinese firm.
Welsh and Pro-Communist.

It's all coming together now. :sherlock:
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Matsumoko (sic) is another factory that's highly regarded. My Vantage is from there but it's a 198o build so have no idea if that was a good year.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I've heard of the days when anti-Japanese rhetoric was the norm but I've never lived it. In my lifetime Japanese stuff has been fantastic and cars and electronics being made in Japan is a symbol of quality. I remember when I was starting out working in auto shops the old coots would moan about fixing Japanese cars. I thought they were easy. Nothing major ever broke on those things and they were easy to work on. I think those crusty old rednecks just didn't like using metric tools. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell