Recording Challenge #12: Nevermind

Community Challenge! Pretty Self Explanatory! Our users challenge each other to to recording showdowns. Challenges never expire! Though it is encouraged to strike while the iron is hot! All in the name of fun!
musicturtle

Re: Recording Challenge #12: Nevermind

Post by musicturtle »

Awesome @Lt. Bob

As the others have said, love this happy go lucky take.

And that solo is ripping.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Got the tracks pretty much done to Teen Spirit. Programming the drums was a real challenge for me.

Now I just need to find a place and time to scream the vocal out.

Hopefully one morning this week before the little ruffians arrive at school.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" posted in the listening forum

https://www.therecordingrebels.com/viewtopic.php?t=4397
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

This is a great concept for the song and you've realised it mostly really well. Only one thing I'm not keen on, and that's the distorted tom-tom reverb. Was that an artistic choice? I'm in full agreement about the guitar solo - fantastic.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Bubba wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:39 am This is a great concept for the song and you've realised it mostly really well. Only one thing I'm not keen on, and that's the distorted tom-tom reverb. Was that an artistic choice? I'm in full agreement about the guitar solo - fantastic.
no ....... i'll take a listen for that ..... it may be that's a reverb from the drum sound in the keyboard ....... I actually don't remember if I put any reverb on the drums or if it was just the reverb that came with the drumbs but I'll check it tonight and find out.
I may be able to do something about that.

Thanks for the solo compliment ..... solos are kinda my thing but you know how it is, you just never know until other people listen.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Bubba wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:39 am . Only one thing I'm not keen on, and that's the distorted tom-tom reverb. Was that an artistic choice?
OKely dokely ... the reverb is a global reverb on my Keyboard and is on all the drumbs, not just the tom.

I do drumbs on a keyboard ( Roland FA-06 ) and I always turn off any reverb because I prefer to record dry .... especially drums.

But apprently this time I didn't ..... I kinda remember noticing the 'verb after I'd done the bass and the *chic* guitar part and thinking ..... damn, I forgot to turn off the reverb.
But by then I'd have had to start over and redo what I'd already done and I was just happy to even be recording so I let it go.
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Nevermind challenge Bonus Track, featuring Bubba and Franko

viewtopic.php?t=4398
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

round of applause to @vomitHatSteve for throwing this one together i think.

this is was a doozy challenge it was rad to see so many just leap on it and how quickly it went along.

good work jerks !
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:20 am round of applause to @vomitHatSteve for throwing this one together i think.

this is was a doozy challenge it was rad to see so many just leap on it and how quickly it went along.

good work jerks !
I really enjoyed this, too. What's next?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

A few of you should be getting your excerpts of the multi rebels song now... no peaking at anyone else's work!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

@Alison is first in with sending over a verse. Naturally, she's aced it and it sounds like Alison.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I'm only about 90 minutes behind, gimme a moment!
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Mine is probably a week or so off.

Next Saturday starts a week off from school so I should get around to it then.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

was gonna have mine today but I broke my foot or tore a buncha ligaments so I have a doc visit first
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:10 pm was gonna have mine today but I broke my foot or tore a buncha ligaments so I have a doc visit first
WTF HOW PLEASE SHARE THE STORY WHEN YOU GET BACK
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:29 pm A few of you should be getting your excerpts of the multi rebels song now... no peaking at anyone else's work!
Nothing, so far.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JD01 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:28 am @Alison is first in with sending over a verse. Naturally, she's aced it and it sounds like Alison.
awe. damn, you guys have lives/jobs, I am old and live for this. . . it is totally my pleasure to do what I can. I look forward to the end result!
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:26 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:10 pm was gonna have mine today but I broke my foot or tore a buncha ligaments so I have a doc visit first
WTF HOW PLEASE SHARE THE STORY WHEN YOU GET BACK
LOL ..... just busted my ass is all!

Friday it rained and rained and was never gonna stop and I wanted to get the mail so I ran down my driveway, grabbed it and then on the way back a moldy part of my driveway was like ice and BAM! ..... down I went!
I remember saying 'dammit' as I went down but it was fucking quick.

So I'm on the concrete in the rain assessing my state trying to figure out if I can even get up. ... Debi's outta town till the next day so I'm on my own.
actually I was worried about my knee since it hit the concrete hard ..... but it's fine ... a good abrasion but that's all.
But when I got up it was obvious my ankle was jacked ..... it was swollen up like blowing up a surgical glove ( lol ) and looked like a Van Gogh painting.
I'm pretty limpy ..... but doc sade just an extremely bad sprain .... .... best be more careful and it pissed me off cause I have stuff to do and I'm hobbled ..... still did my sat and sun gigs though.

So of course last night I dropped something on that foot!
:lollers2:

Could have been much worse ..... I could have slammed my head on the concrete and died so learn your lesson dummy
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:27 pm
JD01 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:29 pm A few of you should be getting your excerpts of the multi rebels song now... no peaking at anyone else's work!
Nothing, so far.
Yours is the trickiest!