Telecaster build thread

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

Re: Telecaster build thread

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:22 am That really makes me miss my white Tele which has been added to the list of guitars I regret selling.
friend of mine once told me "Never sell your stuff ..... you spend the money then you don't have anything"
You can see I've applied that to my life with my pedal list
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Tadpui wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:36 pm Well I finally picked up my painted guitar a couple of days ago. The guy gave me a discount because he wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. I think it looks amazing, but yeah there are a couple of checks and divots in the paint. You have to look closely to see them, and honestly I don't mind one bit.

This pic was taken under the warm color.light in my studio so it looks a little more yellow than in reality. It's Olympic white, which is an off white, almost faintly cream color, and I think it looks classy as hell against the off white pick guard. I'm very happy with it, imperfections and all.

PXL_20240315_044356724.jpg
Looks awesome @Tadpui!
paulman

Post by paulman »

Nice! The white is gorgeous with the two browns of the neck and headstock.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:36 pm Well I finally picked up my painted guitar a couple of days ago. The guy gave me a discount because he wasn't 100% satisfied with the outcome. I think it looks amazing, but yeah there are a couple of checks and divots in the paint. You have to look closely to see them, and honestly I don't mind one bit.

This pic was taken under the warm color.light in my studio so it looks a little more yellow than in reality. It's Olympic white, which is an off white, almost faintly cream color, and I think it looks classy as hell against the off white pick guard. I'm very happy with it, imperfections and all.

PXL_20240315_044356724.jpg
That looks really good. I have a fetish for white guitars and that looks great. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:34 pm
JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:22 am That really makes me miss my white Tele which has been added to the list of guitars I regret selling.
friend of mine once told me "Never sell your stuff ..... you spend the money then you don't have anything"
You tell me this all the time? Bob... it never makes me feel any better. :lol:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

:lollers:

That's why you use the money to buy different gear!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:30 am
:lollers:

That's why you use the money to buy different gear!
yep!!