Leia - original song

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
paulman

Re: Leia - original song

Post by paulman »

Alison wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:54 pm Just coming in on your last mix.

Dang, the song brought tears to my eyes! Nicely written, nicely played! The kazoos at the end were a bit of a shock but they did add a bit of a lightness to the end. Great idea!

Loved the whole thing!
Thanks Alison! I figured if I was going to let the trumpets have their say, then the bees should as well.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

paulman wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:01 pm
When I manually double track I can never hear myself very well because I keep the original vocal pretty loud so I can duplicate it as best I can. So apparently in not hearing myself I sang a few notes way off. I have no idea how that got past me, but it was the cause of some weirdness I was hearing in the vocal. So I deleted that and created an artificial double.
One thing I do is put one of the headphones only half over my ear, that gives me a chance to hear my actual voice along with the track. I actually do this sometimes when laying down a vocal regardless of whether it's a harmony/double or just a solo track. Easy to get lost in the sound of the cans.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I don't even care about the mix. That's a lovely song and a proper way to honor your good girl. She'll live on forever.
Rebel Yell
paulman

Post by paulman »

Greg_L wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:30 pm I don't even care about the mix. That's a lovely song and a proper way to honor your good girl. She'll live on forever.
Thank you Greg. That means a lot.
TheTestingYak

Post by TheTestingYak »

good choon brav
Good Choon Brav.