Leanora Washington Lost Her Wig Today

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
stratmonkee

Leanora Washington Lost Her Wig Today

Post by stratmonkee »

Revisiting a song I recorded a bit ago, re tracked guitars and bass guitar, Re did vocals...not sure I have the bass guitar in a good place, seems a bit buried ? Also thinking lead vocals may be a bit too much reverb? I don't know...

vomitHatSteve

Re: Leanora Washington Lost Her Wig Today

Post by vomitHatSteve »

The bass seems to be sitting in a good place to me. I certainly wouldn't turn it up; I think that would get overwhelming.

Yeah, you could probably dial back the vocal reverb a little bit, but it's not terrible where it is.

There's a harshness to the drums, that I'm not sure I'm excited about. I might EQ some high-end if it were me.

The vocal gets a little buried by the end of the chorus (i.e. "don't touch that thing john(?) you don't know where it's been")
rayc

Post by rayc »

I listened and commented but it seems to have disappeared.
Bass level is good though a little bump when the arrangement gets thick would be good.
The reverb may be a little too much - it's reacting to the sibilants bits too.
Cool.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

the apparent bass seems more like the big kick drum to me ....... I find the bass to lack definition and to me it could come up a bit but actually more in a specific EQ range .... maybe 500-1500hz or there abouts.
Verb doesn't seem too much to me .. ... I actually think those guitar 'stabs' could come up some .... they're a part of the rhythmic content.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I thought the bass level was OK. But maybe if you took Lt's advice and boost in the mids, you could hear it come thru better. You then might actually be able to turn it down a bit and let the kick come through more. Just thought.

The tone on things is nice.

The other thing that struck me was the mix was a little narrow. But then it widened at a little after a minute, which was cool.