New Honey Hunters - Fabulous Wonderful

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Armistice

Re: New Honey Hunters - Fabulous Wonderful

Post by Armistice »

JD01 wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2023 4:45 am
Armistice wrote: ↑Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 am

I sort of thought that at the time but I just got lost in the feedback :lollers: . I've done another version with something more like I'd normally play and I'm just sitting with it for a day to see if I like it better. I've also, on someone else's suggestion, put a little lead guitar motif in between the phrases in the chorus, so I'm a bit unsure on that at this stage, so I'll leave it all for 24 hours and stick it up tomorrow if I keep them.
You don't need to go mental with it... just something that sounds like your playing.
Between the phrases in the chorus you could just go for just a couple of notes, just something that adds a bit of tension and resolves... you don't need to do a Van Halen.
That's what I've done, basically. I'm just getting used to it. The start bit is just a bit more me. And the in between bit is just a short 4 note descending figure - same one each time. Quite simple. I'll stick it up in the morning if I don't hate it. :like:
TripleM

Re: New Honey Hunters - Fabulous Wonderful

Post by TripleM »

The vocal is better in mix 3/4. But it still bites a little. You might get away with a little more MB compression in that high-mid range. If you have to for sake of vocal clarity, I wonder if you could compensate with a small boost in the 10K range (or so). But only if you had to - that kind of thing can get nasty.