New Interface Day

General recording topics.
musicturtle

New Interface Day

Post by musicturtle »

Bought one of these this weekend. Universal Audio Volt 276.

Needed something to drive my headphones better that I use for mixing.

This completes a little refurbishing I have done to my "studio."

Got the amp sim I have wanted for a while(Biaz FX Pro), updated Cubase to current version, got a Radial Pro48 Direct Box for bass, and this little guy here.

My goal this summer is do release a four song EP as I have three written and one on the way. We'll see how it goes.

Did a quick demo cover for the listening forum, I really like the sounds I got with little effort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayc

Re: New Interface Day

Post by rayc »

Nice one Tony...I'll pop over to listen.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

New toys! Nice ... :biggrin:

Look forward to hearing the EP/triple album in due course.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

OHHHH! New toys~!!! I am so jealous.

I'll go have ot have a listen here now!
:happytrees:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:11 am New toys! Nice ... :biggrin:

Yeah, you actually motivated me. I read in one of the threads you saying something like "finish something."

I really don't care if no one listens, I just want to complete something creatively that I have never done before.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

musicturtle wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:57 pm
Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:11 am New toys! Nice ... :biggrin:

Yeah, you actually motivated me. I read in one of the threads you saying something like "finish something."

I really don't care if no one listens, I just want to complete something creatively that I have never done before.
That's exactly where I am. You'll feel unbelievably satisfied when you have a product you can touch, and look at on Spotify etc... And it's something to lie about to the grandchildren, about how you were a major music personage, back in the day... :lollers:

If you need any tips for the actual finalisation and publishing stage, just yell out - plenty of help here ... VHS, Greg and I are serial product finishers... :wink:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:18 pm VHS, Greg and I are serial product finishers... :wink:
Slander! *looks back and forth between the meeting he's supposed to be paying attention to and the mostly full checklist of todo items for the next album* Accurate, accurate slander!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:18 pm plenty of help here ... VHS, Greg and I are serial product finishers... :wink:
I don't know if I fit in there. Lol. I do write, record, and finish a lot of music. I don't release a lot of music. I'm sitting on multiple albums of finished material that I just can't be bothered to send out into the world. It's now ten years since I've released an album. :facepalm:
Rebel Yell