TC Electronic TonePrint

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
vomitHatSteve

Re: TC Electronic TonePrint

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Tadpui wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:47 pm I think one of the best and most surprisingly powerful forces in the fight against guitar tone obsessiveness has been Jim Lill. He's just a semi-anonymous guy that plays guitar in Nashville and he started making YouTube videos comparing various things that affect guitar tone. His efforts alone have done more to dispel a bunch of guitar tone nonsense than anybody else I can think of.

Seriously, his experiments for amps, speakers, cabinets, guitar parts, strings, etc. have shut up a lot of tone snob cork sniffers. Although a lot of those guys will never change what they believe regardless of the evidence put right in front of their face. Hmmm, sounds eerily similar to politics :D
Is that the guy who figured out that he could exactly the same tone by taking the pickup out and running the strings between a couple of tables?
tadpui wrote: why would anybody ever want a $500 box just to make their guitar go "beep beep diddlydiddlydiddlydiddly"?
I mentioned earlier that I have a psychedelic board? I love to have boxes that make my bass make, just... the stupidest noises!
That said, I don't wanna spend $500 on them. The stupidest and most expensive one is probably the toy megaphone circuit built into a stomp box that I dropped $250. That said, it's a direct commission, so I don't feel bad about sounding terrible whilst supporting a small local business
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:02 pm During their break we got to talking about this very thing so, as a test, when they went back up they played 'Misty' but played it half a step apart.
For the entire song she was in E and he was in F ..... that's the absolute worst something can sound ..... every note and every chord was half a step apart.

Not a single person so much as looked up.
:spacepalm:
Oh my goodness! That sounds absolutely the worst!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Lots of folk want to be Syd Barrett but Syd wasn't pedal Syd: Syd was Binson, Telecaster & Selmer Syd. They do end up being stay at home, Otakou Syd though.
Cheers
rayc