Wired Mic

What type and size you need, and where you should point it. Does a large diaphragm do a better job in preventing pregnancy than a small? WTF is phantom power and why do you need it? All these important questions and more, discussed within. Entendre at your own risk.
Tadpui

Re: Wired Mic

Post by Tadpui »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:44 pm ya' know, not to be contrary ...... I don't have one.

I actually dislike the SM58 and find the SM57 to be acceptable but that's about it.
Never have liked them very much.

I have a buttload of EV mics ( seriously ..... prolly 15 of them) .... and about 7 MXLs, 1 Audio Technica, a Rode NT1 and a MonoPrice ribbon .... nary a Shure.
I've got two 57s, so I'm keeping the board average up for ya :D It's definitely a"Jack of all trades, master of none" kind of mic.

The only other Shures I have are a pair of SM81s. I like them a lot, but I got mine used and they were already in kinda rough shape. One of them has a line hum to it. So I usually use them for drum overheads and they're great there. They're a ruler-flat and boring sounding mic, but that makes them very true to the source. It's a great mic to shove in front of something that I've never miked up before.