I Want song idea.

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
rayc

I Want song idea.

Post by rayc »

Here's something I've been tinkering with.
There's a synth bass doubling the bass in the choruses.
eBow & trem combined is interesting.
Harmonics with a cheap comp pedal as well.
The noisy stuff is Mustang to Big Fluff to Marshall.
I Want You v4.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Re: I Want song idea.

Post by JD01 »

Like the idea of this ray, some unusual note choices. There's a few random unexpected minor chords in there which is always good.
Is that you playing the bass all the way through? It doesn't sound like you.

All sounds tidy enough at the moment, but I think you'll have to dress it up a bit when you've fully arranged the vocal. Its a long song to not have may changes in it. I think if you just fill it out with lots of lyrics, all sung in the same way it won't work.
Ooo, your guitar sounds like its gone out of tune on the lead part from just after 4:30. One thing you could do is bring forward the overdriven ending by about a minute and have the last minute of the song all overdriven.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

The ebow to trem does sound pretty cool, yeah
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

This sounds really cool ray. I like what you got going on, Soild foundation to a good song. The ebow stuff sounds super cool. I might have to invest in one of those things.
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

@JDo1,
Thanks, yes some sour stuff but I was filling spaces for an overall impression before getting serious. LONG indeed. I'll be marking it in regions so I can slice n dice it to a usable length & structure.
The verses & choruses will be sung differently - well, that's the plan. I have the lyrics and the ideas but execution is a different matter.
@vomitHatSteve,
Ta. It is an interesting combo. I was just going to do eBow (well, cheaper Joyo Infinite Sustainer), but the pulse the tem gives suits the synth bass in that section.
@WhiskeyJack,,
Kinds of you! REAL eBows are expensive now & the Joyo version is about half price.
Cheers
rayc
Alison

Post by Alison »

This is very cool! Very long but very cool! I am anxious to hear what you'll do with it.
One chord really stuck out as I don't think it was used again. Can't find it though. . .ugh, maybe I'm hearing things that aren't there.
Anyway, very cool start to this.
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!