Big pedal switches

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Big pedal switches

Post by JD01 »

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere, these things you stick on your pedal switches to make them bigger and higher. I have an EHX phaser and it's down between a Boss Chorus and an old Japanese Arion flanger... I always push one of them when I'm pressing the phaser which is the pedal I use the most out of that lot.

Anyone know what I mean and have a link?
Tadpui

Re: Big pedal switches

Post by Tadpui »

I've seen those but I'm not sure what they're called.

Aha, looks like Barefoot Buttons is at least one brand of these things. Looks like they come in a few versions for different switch sizes. And all sorts of colors. Sweetwater's website looks like they have a good variety so you can see what the options are:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -dark-blue
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Barefoot buttons is it...

https://barefootbuttons.com/
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Cheers , think that's it. They're bound to do them at Thomann or Andertons
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Now I know what I'm looking for I've found heaps of them. I'll find something stupid

Bought a gold one.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

JD01 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:10 pm Now I know what I'm looking for I've found heaps of them. I'll find something stupid

Bought a gold one.
Classy choice. Nothing but the best :D

I like the toe dial thingy that they have to attach to knobs. I could actually use those for a few of my pedals. Adjusting delay feedback or overdrive gain isn't very fun with a toe.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I bought an half dozen a few years back. As I don't pedal pedals...I have them on the desk and activate them by hand...the buttons can, on occasion, be hard to press properly. Those knob extenders work well for that.
I bough MUCH cheaper, semi soft rubber/silicon ones much cheaper and better suited to my purpose than the barefoot ones. Mine wouldn't last on a real pedal board with real feet thumping them though.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

rayc wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 pm I bought an half dozen a few years back. As I don't pedal pedals...I have them on the desk and activate them by hand...the buttons can, on occasion, be hard to press properly. Those knob extenders work well for that.
I bough MUCH cheaper, semi soft rubber/silicon ones much cheaper and better suited to my purpose than the barefoot ones. Mine wouldn't last on a real pedal board with real feet thumping them though.
This is just a bit of anodised chinesium. Cost me 3 quid delivered. We'll see.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

20230311_123342.jpg
Arrived. Works. And comes with a handy little Allen key, just the right size for adjusting guitar saddles. I can never find one of them when I need it.

Switch is now a tiny bit higher than the pedals either side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Pedal Power Cables

Post by JD01 »

Another thing I don't know what to look for.
A want a collection of pedal power cables, you know various lengths and stuff like that. I'm sure they'll cost next to bugger all when I know what I'm looking for. Anyone got a link?

I just want to get a few things tidied up.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Make your own.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:19 amMake your own.
Meh, got a load of random shit of Amazon (that dick shaped rocket won't launch itself). I'll try and get things tidied up this week. Will be nice to be able to pick a board up and move it around without random cabling falling everywhere.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:23 am
Greg_L wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:19 amMake your own.
Meh, got a load of random shit of Amazon (that dick shaped rocket won't launch itself). I'll try and get things tidied up this week. Will be nice to be able to pick a board up and move it around without random cabling falling everywhere.
They have them George L kits...or something similar...they're easy.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:43 am
Yeah, I know the ones you mean - they're actually pretty expensive.
Its power cables I was after, but I think I've got some.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I actually like the flat ones premade .... very flat plugs and cables are flat .... let you put your pedals really close.
last year I bought a dozen each in various lengths down to 4" ... Amazon for the win
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I actually like the flat ones premade .... very flat plugs and cables are flat .... let you put your pedals really close.
last year I bought a dozen each in various lengths down to 4" ... Amazon for the win

also bought a buncha pedal power cables and a few power supplies.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm I actually like the flat ones premade .... very flat plugs and cables are flat .... let you put your pedals really close.
That would be quite handy, I'm looking at getting a new pedal but I'm short on space.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:21 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm I actually like the flat ones premade .... very flat plugs and cables are flat .... let you put your pedals really close.
That would be quite handy, I'm looking at getting a new pedal but I'm short on space.
there';s bunches but here's an example
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Random Chinese wires. Arrived within 24 hours.
20230323_113830.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Ah, the famed Mr Power brand... :lollers:

I go out of my way not to buy stuff from China these days, if it's at all possible. As a country, it's very much on my shit list.