Right Here Now

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
TripleM

Re: Right Here Now

Post by TripleM »

Thank you @JD01 I can definitely try that. I know the part you're talking about.

And at least @Lt. Bob likes the song. So I suppose there'd be a chance my wife will too. :)
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

TripleM wrote: ↑Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:05 pm

And at least @Lt. Bob likes the song. So I suppose there'd be a chance my wife will too. :)
is she an amazing genius too?
Great minds think alike

:lollers:
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Lt. Bob wrote: ↑Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:23 pm is she an amazing genius too?
Great minds think alike

:lollers:
I don't know if she's Lt. level. But yes she's an amazing genius. :)
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

OK the "4th last mix" is at the top.

I changed the drums in the second half of verses. I don't think it's exactly like @JD01 mapped out. But it's close. I also wrote a new riff. I didn't care too much for the first one. Anyway, mix 4 is at the top.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I know I've had a lot of comments on this. But now that I've put this much in to the song, I'd really like to hear what you think about mix#4. Particularly about the drums.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

that's a huge improvement ...... I'm glad you kept at it cause it's a good song ..... drummers are always a PIA!
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Thanks for the many listens @Lt. Bob.

Without you I would have given up.

We'll see how it works as an anniversary present. Fingers crossed.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That's better. The rhythm holds together now. Sounds like the drummer is playing in the same band as everyone else!
There's still weird drum hits in there, the hi-hat/ride sounds like its from a different beat in places. There's also some weird stuff where the drums seem to lose time... almost like its a real drummer making a mistake. But they're programmed. How are you programming the fills? Are does your rhythm playing go a bit wonky in places and makes the drums sound out of time?

2:37, I can hear you want to play a quirky variation on a chord here but it just doesn't work, it also sounds like an awkward fucker and you're not playing it cleanly.

Much improved though. I wish I could sing like you.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Thanks @JD01.

I'll take one more listen through it for timing. It's possible that humanizing the drums might have moved a snare hit a fraction earlier at the same time a guitar strum was a fraction late. Something like that would be easily correctable.

The chord you're talking about is a weird chord. it sounds kind of nice on an acoustic. But with a jangly electric it sounds a bit like clanging a metal pan with a wood spoon. I still kind of like it - and it's only done once.