Blind (Face to Face Cover) (And my Shannycaster™ Debut {I think})

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Lt. Bob

Re: Blind (Face to Face Cover) (And my Shannycaster™ Debut {I think})

Post by Lt. Bob »

sounds great man ... as Armistice pointed out, you're way over critical of yourself .... vocals are actually great and I don't find them overly verby .... the guitar work is all nice.... this is great.

Don't give the least little crap what the original sounds like .... why would I? You're not a tape recorder .... you're a musician ... play things the way you want them.

This is genuinely great sir!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Well,
it's smoother and more controlled but I still prefer the original...it has a certain charm that, while not lost in the new mix, isn't as apparent.
Oh, in both there's a click or something at 40/41 seconds that might be cleaned or left.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I preferred Mix 1, babes.
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

Sounds really good. Like the vocal verb now. You might do something similar with the guitar on the right. It's a bit wet.

The guitar on the right is sounding otherwise really good. Still has excellent chug.

I'd still like more definition on the bass. But that's just me.

Overall, it's an excellent mix.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Soundcloud link in the OP.

:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Good one Shan.
Will you best guest vocalist for me now?
Cheers
rayc
Alison

Post by Alison »

Just listened to your version on Soundcloud, then the original. What a difference! I totally like your version best! I love it when people do covers different from the original, shows a spark of creativity.
Well done!
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rayc wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:52 pm Good one Shan.
I can't see why not. So long as I can block out the time. I am currently going back and working on a cover collab I started with JD and another one i started a few years ago that is turning out pretty cool. But ... my time commitment to these things is hard with the wee lad, work and what not.

But depending on what you need i can probably commit a bit of time theft thru the day and track some vox for you sometime sure! Keep me in mind when and where ya can.
rayc

Post by rayc »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:59 pm
I can't see why not. So long as I can block out the time. I am currently going back and working on a cover collab I started with JD and another one i started a few years ago that is turning out pretty cool. But ... my time commitment to these things is hard with the wee lad, work and what not.
But depending on what you need i can probably commit a bit of time theft thru the day and track some vox for you sometime sure! Keep me in mind when and where ya can.
COOL.
It'll always be at your leisure, in your time frame and only if it's of interest.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I can normally put a little time aside when you're ready - time isn't on my side at the moment either with two of the little swines to deal with.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:34 am

I can normally put a little time aside when you're ready - time isn't on my side at the moment either with two of the little swines to deal with.
I get it 100%

I'm still trouble shooting my bass cab. I can't for the life of me pin down where the rattle is coming from. All good James.