Reaper

Need a helping hand to make sure you do it right, first time? Got some good advice to pass on, so no-one makes the same mistakes you did? This is your forum.
Armistice

Re: Reaper

Post by Armistice »

Yeah, it would depend upon someone, somewhere, being up at an ungodly hour.
Alison

Post by Alison »

A global zoom would be a blast! JD's suggestion would be late afternoon for me, just as I'm starting to wind down my day. @Armistice is right though, it would mean that someone, somewhere would be up or stay up at some ungodly hour! For me (I am old!) staying up much past 10 pm is ungodly!! Early to bed, early to rise. . .
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 am somewhere would be up or stay up at some ungodly hour! For me (I am old!) staying up much past 10 pm is ungodly!! Early to bed, early to rise. . .
I'm old .... prolly older than you ...... I get up around 9am or so .... absolutely never in bed before 2am .... 3-3:30 isn't uncommon
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:56 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 am somewhere would be up or stay up at some ungodly hour! For me (I am old!) staying up much past 10 pm is ungodly!! Early to bed, early to rise. . .
I'm old .... prolly older than you ...... I get up around 9am or so .... absolutely never in bed before 2am .... 3-3:30 isn't uncommon
Not by much, that's for sure! I also have a few four-legged critters who won't let me sleep in. . .I am a slave. . .
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I have critters who never let me sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time so I know the torture

I'm 72 soon so I think I'm the oldest here
rayc

Post by rayc »

I get up at 7am to feed the cats and them tiptoe about for two or three hours until Kim gets up.
I've tried sleeping longer/staying in bed but the cats are locked into a time now so feel unkind if I do.
As of this year Lt.Bob is six years my senior...BUT I do have a senior's card covering the "bi-state area".
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Thankfully I'm years away from being eligible for a Seniors Card. :lollers:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Well, I'm 68 which makes me the oldest woman here :lollers2: I get Social Security and medicare so. . . quit touring quite a few years ago and only play publically occasionally, which makes me somewhat retired. Means more time for recording though! :) (that's where you guys come in!)
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 pm Well, I'm 68 which makes me the oldest woman here :lollers2: I get Social Security and medicare so. . . quit touring quite a few years ago and only play publically occasionally, which makes me somewhat retired. Means more time for recording though! :) (that's where you guys come in!)
I just got back from N.O. where I blew thru the local music scene like a juggernaut.
TBH it surprised me because I remember N.O. being full of top end players but these days for the most part I'm topper-end than most of them .... hell, a week there got me 3 different gig offers and I also apparently impressed https://www.laceytroutman.com/ .... she was very good .... if I was staying I'd go after that gig and get it ......... ain't no stopping moi!
:nyuk:

So point is gigging or recording, us older players have skillz if we care to and so you go girl ... keep learning and growing
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 pm Well, I'm 68 which makes me the oldest woman here :lollers2:
You're also the youngest woman here!
Alison

Post by Alison »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 pm Well, I'm 68 which makes me the oldest woman here :lollers2:
True!! :cool: :lollers2:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:59 pm
:lollers2:
CeeBee

Post by CeeBee »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:45 pm
Beat ya to it, coming up for 77 :guru:
Cheers
Chris
my music
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

CeeBee wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:01 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:45 pm
Beat ya to it, coming up for 77 :guru:
wow ..... well bend me over and smack my heinie ...... I'm a youngster!
Alison

Post by Alison »

Big question that hopefully either @JD01, @Armistice, or @Tadpui can answer!

I have been messing around with Reaper and after my tutorial with JD, have realized how much it can do BUT, I can't seem to easily access EZD after I have closed it.

I've started a new project, took a bit to get EZD on there (setting up a template as JD suggested) got all the tracks in there then got out of EZD to get everything else set up. Got everything else set up and went back to EZD and had a terrible time trying to figure out how to bring the drum set up again. Any shortcuts? Hopefully, I'm explaining this okay... you ain't heard the last of me yet :lollers2:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

So EZD is treated as an "effect" on a track.

Once you've got it set up and got your tracks all laid out, the top track will contain the MIDI and it will have a name, unlike all the tracks the drums are routed to - presumably "EZ Drummer" or something like that.

Click the FX button on this top, named track and your drum interface/kit should pop up for you.

Same as for any effects - click the FX button and you'll generally go to a screen with your EQ, Compression, whatever you put on it, and you then you double click the item in the list and you'll get its interface.

But for your drums, unless you have another effect on the track - and why would you - it should pop your EZD interface straight up.

I assume this is what you're asking?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Armistice wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:28 pm So EZD is treated as an "effect" on a track.

Once you've got it set up and got your tracks all laid out, the top track will contain the MIDI and it will have a name, unlike all the tracks the drums are routed to - presumably "EZ Drummer" or something like that.

Click the FX button on this top, named track and your drum interface/kit should pop up for you.

Same as for any effects - click the FX button and you'll generally go to a screen with your EQ, Compression, whatever you put on it, and you then you double click the item in the list and you'll get its interface.

But for your drums, unless you have another effect on the track - and why would you - it should pop your EZD interface straight up.

I assume this is what you're asking?
It absolutely is, thank you!! I'll check it out in the morning.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Haha, sorry... Guess I should have covered that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:24 am Haha, sorry... Guess I should have covered that.
Nah, you covered a LOT!! My head was spinning when we finished! Can't thank you enough for taking the time. It should be obvious but this doesn't come easily for me. . .I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Just click on things and see what happens.

That's been my mode of discovery forever. None of the things you can click on in Reaper are the big red button that will end the world via nuclear disaster. :like: