New song - established "progressions"

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
TripleM

Re: New song - established "progressions"

Post by TripleM »

The guitars sound fuller in this mix. The whole mix sounds bigger. The bass level is sitting nicely now.
rayc

Post by rayc »

I needed to replace a fizzy guitar on the right.
I knew which one...it took an half dozen attempts becasue I couldn't track without the fizz...
AH BUT...it was the wrong guitar I replaced...D'OH!
I then replaced the actual fizzy one.
Today I replaced my Shure 57 with an old dynamic I bought in the early 90s for very, very little mnoey. It seems to do a better job...more of the aggressive, but not fizzy, top end my recordings usually miss.
It's listed at the bottom of the O.P. with 270123.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

like it but as greg says without a melody it's hard to tell.
I'm not sure what the brouhaha is about the chords ...... sounds like chords to me .... I hear nothing unusual at all .... yeah, a zillion other songs use such progressions ..... so what?
There's only 12 notes ..... everything has been done a zillion times.

Sounds like a good starting point
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Coming it late on the latest mix and i have to agree with Lt. Bob. I'm not really to worked up about an over abundance of chords. And really i am not even rgistering an over abundance of chords or a cluttered song.

Will have to wait to hear it with some vocals. This mix as it sits works for what it is.
:happytrees: