My band stuff

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Greg_L

Re: My band stuff

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:44 am
Well, shoot! You should have talked to Needlejuice records. The only problem they might have had is that the art may be too on the nose!
I see wide open unapologetic substance abuse at every single gig I do or attend. People doing speed and coke right out in the open. I'm not sure who has been complaining, but it can't be local people.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Wow, Millions Of Dead Cops are still a thing. I remember having a CD with a song about John Wayne being a Nazi.

Are the zombies supposed to be you guys? I'm guessing you're the one 2nd from the left
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:48 am
vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:44 am
Well, shoot! You should have talked to Needlejuice records. The only problem they might have had is that the art may be too on the nose!
I see wide open unapologetic substance abuse at every single gig I do or attend. People doing speed and coke right out in the open. I'm not sure who has been complaining, but it can't be local people.
Cunts that like to pretend offence on someone else's behalf even if that person isn't actually offended.
That's the reason I'm not on Instagram anymore - I was following your dog for a while.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:35 pm Wow, Millions Of Dead Cops are still a thing. I remember having a CD with a song about John Wayne being a Nazi.

Are the zombies supposed to be you guys? I'm guessing you're the one 2nd from the left
No none of those cover zombies are us. There is a separate pic with the four of us as zombies and it looks pretty accurate. :eep: :lollers:
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That time 3/4 of us filled in for Sammytown as his band Fang. :lollers2:

Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:26 am
JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:18 am Listening on Spotify - really good. You started the album off by shredding!
Did you record this?

I like the artwork too, very late 80s/early 90s.
Thanks lol. I did record it at our practice space. We built a 20-input rig in the room and that's where we record. It's like half live, half overdubbed. I mixed it here in my usual fashion and that's it.

It's also, laughably, strangely, gotten a lot of attention for the art and title. It would appear that people are offended by their erroneous inference that we're making fun of substance abuse. What? Yeah. Idiots. The "record company" has told us they've never gotten so many messages and emails WTF'ing a release. We wrote a stupid statement, not apologizing, but explaining and they're supposed to put it out I guess.
Lest we forget the night i got accosted and accused of being an anti vaxxer whilst wearing a toxic origin shirt.

turns out needles and the word toxic are quite the hot button convo piece these days.

Listening now while i work and this record is awesome. I will 100% get a vinyl copy no question. The drums have all the hallmarks of your mixing flavors on them haha. It does sound like a gregor the terror album with guest appearances from the other guys lol.

Good Work Jerk !!! :like: :happytrees: :coolstorybro:
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

@Greg_L who is the lead vox on No Love. I want ot say it sounds like you but i could be wrong.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:04 pm

Lest we forget the night i got accosted and accused of being an anti vaxxer whilst wearing a toxic origin shirt.

turns out needles and the word toxic are quite the hot button convo piece these days.

Listening now while i work and this record is awesome. I will 100% get a vinyl copy no question. The drums have all the hallmarks of your mixing flavors on them haha. It does sound like a gregor the terror album with guest appearances from the other guys lol.

Good Work Jerk !!! :like: :happytrees: :coolstorybro:
Lol thanks they think I re-did all of the bass guitar but I swear I didn't. That's 100% legit those other guys and their shit...except for my own parts of course.
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:22 pm @Greg_L who is the lead vox on No Love. I want ot say it sounds like you but i could be wrong.
No not me. I do some backups only. No lead vocals at all. All the vocals are the usual guy "Bubba".
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:28 pm That time 3/4 of us filled in for Sammytown as his band Fang. :lollers2:

Greg's in a pick up band now!
The SG looks good.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:43 pm
Greg's in a pick up band now!
The SG looks good.
Lol one time thing.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:28 pm That time 3/4 of us filled in for Sammytown as his band Fang. :lollers2:

Ohh missed this. Very cool!!!! :metal:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Poof, gone. Lol.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:30 pmPoof, gone. Lol.
Yeah, I was noticing that. What happened? Did you actually manage to get enough angry emails for the distributor to pull it?!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:51 am
Yeah, I was noticing that. What happened? Did you actually manage to get enough angry emails for the distributor to pull it?!
Not sure. They say they're fixing the typo. We'll see.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

What typo ?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Shit, its actually been pulled off Spotify! Who's the label? I might send them an angry email saying that I'm the CEO of the Toxic Origin European fan-club.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm
Shit, its actually been pulled off Spotify! Who's the label? I might send them an angry email saying that I'm the CEO of the Toxic Origin European fan-club.
:lollers:

"we were gonna play that album at the next NA meeting to encourage recovery. I hope you're happy with a bunch of welsh addicts relapsing!"
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:44 pm "we were gonna play that album at the next NA meeting to encourage recovery. I hope you're happy with a bunch of welsh addicts relapsing!"
See that's a tasteless joke about addiction. Greg, just have your label forward all their hatemail to stephen@llamamallrecords.com.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:53 pmWhat typo ?
The lady that laid out the artwork, a teacher, misspelled syringe as "shringe".

Now it's obviously on us to catch that, but we didn't. Supposedly the fixed artwork is being uploaded and that's why the whole thing is down. Allegedly.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm
I like your spirit but let's see if it comes back or not.
Rebel Yell