My band stuff

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Greg_L

My band stuff

Post by Greg_L »

I'm gonna dump shit in here. We need clicks and views and likes so we don't have to pay for future media projects. So please spin this stuff on whatever streaming platform you like to use. You don't even have to listen. Just put it on as background noise lol. The band is Toxic Origin. I know, dumb name, but that was name before I joined. Search the band name and give us views and listens! :lollers2:

Newest singles...

A very late night drunken live show in a mostly empty club.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Re: My band stuff

Post by Lt. Bob »

:like:
Band sounds tight ..... drumber is blasting well ..... bet ya'll were loud .... not as loud as you'll be if you get my Ampegs before I junk 'em but loud nonetheless!
Wish I could have been there.

Where'd you record? .... not the live of course but the studio stuff

I don't really do social media but I'll be delighted to search the name and give ya' views

is that an EV skull mic he's using?
Not an old one I'm imagining ....... there are new ones that have the look with modern components
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:01 pm :like:
Band sounds tight ..... drumber is blasting well ..... bet ya'll were loud .... not as loud as you'll be if you get my Ampegs before I junk 'em but loud nonetheless!
Wish I could have been there.

Where'd you record? .... not the live of course but the studio stuff

I don't really do social media but I'll be delighted to search the name and give ya' views

is that an EV skull mic he's using?
Not an old one I'm imagining ....... there are new ones that have the look with modern components
We recorded those two singles in our practice room in which I've set up a 16 channel rig so we can record demos and whatnot. There's a bunch more that will be on an upcoming full length album. I record my parts here at home but the other guys are recorded in the practice room. It's a mix of live and some overdubs.

The singer's mic is a Shure 55 with an SM58 capsule modded into it so it sounds good. He's not usually just the singer. He usually plays guitar as well but a wrist injury has him only singing for right now.
Rebel Yell
einstein magoo

Post by einstein magoo »

Really good up close video work on the live thing! I don't usually listen to or see this genre performed live so was surprised at the number of times a good ole cowboy chord showed up in here.
Really impressive recordings!
Keep your videographer.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

For those that spotify on the regular:

:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Some of those on that Spotify link are an EP we banged out at a pro studio, and we pretty much hate it lol. "Not the One" isn't even a real song. I mean, it is, but that's not the recording of it. That was an early phone recording that somehow got released? Fucking junk. :facepalm:

The new recordings are so much better.

But yeah, give it clicks and spins.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

einstein magoo wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:35 pm Really good up close video work on the live thing! I don't usually listen to or see this genre performed live so was surprised at the number of times a good ole cowboy chord showed up in here.
Really impressive recordings!
Keep your videographer.
Haha I play lots of cowboy chords. They're easy and sound good.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Will Fall was a surprise...I hadn't expected that 1st three minutes...I was relieved when the change came.
Greg & The Clavicles are tight.
Really controlled bvox in Get to You...a cool contrast to the pummelling.
The live stuff was interesting: decent sound, an 1/2 Flock of Seagulls, a Brian Johnson flat cap with Adidas shoes, a Sikh length beard & a bald, super fit bloke.
Late night drunk is pretty bloody good.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:16 pm Will Fall was a surprise...I hadn't expected that 1st three minutes...I was relieved when the change came.
Greg & The Clavicles are tight.
Really controlled bvox in Get to You...a cool contrast to the pummelling.
The live stuff was interesting: decent sound, an 1/2 Flock of Seagulls, a Brian Johnson flat cap with Adidas shoes, a Sikh length beard & a bald, super fit bloke.
Late night drunk is pretty bloody good.
:lollers: :lollers: :coolstorybro:

We never actually play "Will Fall". It's too slow. We've played it a few times live and it's a downer. It got recorded for a Halloween release and will probably never see a live stage again.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:49 am
:lollers: :lollers: :coolstorybro:

We never actually play "Will Fall". It's too slow. We've played it a few times live and it's a downer. It got recorded for a Halloween release and will probably never see a live stage again.
Those sorts of songs are always kinda weird. Especially if they end up someone's favorite. You have one super-fan demanding the dramatic album closer and you just have to awkwardly admit that a) it would ruin the vibe for everyone but them and b) it has all kinds of weird instruments and overdubs so you can't even play it live.*

* Unless, of course, you're Falling In Reverse who can play all their songs live provided they haven't lost the laptops that contain the recordings of all their songs.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:41 am
Those sorts of songs are always kinda weird. Especially if they end up someone's favorite. You have one super-fan demanding the dramatic album closer and you just have to awkwardly admit that a) it would ruin the vibe for everyone but them and b) it has all kinds of weird instruments and overdubs so you can't even play it live.*

* Unless, of course, you're Falling In Reverse who can play all their songs live provided they haven't lost the laptops that contain the recordings of all their songs.
Yeah we can play it live no problem. The drummer likes it because it's slow and he gets a break. I like it because we get to induce a lot of droning feedback and stuff during the verses and my crappy little solo is literally the only time I ever use the neck pickup lol. But overall it doesn't fit with the rest of our stuff and we're fine with it just being a single and album filler track that never gets played. Maybe someday enough people will want to hear it that we actually play it. I doubt it though.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:37 am A very late night drunken live show in a mostly empty club.
Good set you bunch of reprobates. :like: :like: :like: :like:

Nice Decedents cover as well.

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 pm
Greg_L wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:37 am A very late night drunken live show in a mostly empty club.

:lollers2: :lollers2: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Does that translate to "delicious" or "splifflicious"?
Cheers
rayc
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

i just played all of them at once.
Louisville KY
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rayc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:00 am

Does that translate to "delicious" or "splifflicious"?
Ray buddy. It is whatever your little heart wants it to be. My Christmas gift to you. :lollers2: :like:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:00 am "splifflicious"?
I don't think that's legal in Texas!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:33 pm

I don't think that's legal in Texas!
It's not, but it's not really enforced either.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Just got the live video on while I'm working.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Just now taking a tardy listen to this after having my head buried for a while now. The recordings sound really great, nice energy to the songs. And I think that I know that guitarist! :D

Well done man, I hope the algorithm finds this stuff and serves it up to more people. I added my likes, for what it's worth. The algorithm seems to like likes. Tell the publisher to keep dropping videos to that channel, as that seems to be the other thing that the algorithm likes: frequency. Make meaningless shorts out of the live set: "check out this guitar solo!" "2 minutes of stage banter!" "awesome drum fill!". YT is trying to compete with TikTok and is pushing their shorts like mad. That'll get the vids in front of more eyeballs.