My band stuff

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Greg_L

Re: My band stuff

Post by Greg_L »

Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

I don't know the band/music/fellow but I do dislike mic into the crowd stuff. He'd have been better served asking for the mic to be turned up. Your fellows chugged along nicely though. Sounds like a Stooges song.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:57 pm I don't know the band/music/fellow but I do dislike mic into the crowd stuff. He'd have been better served asking for the mic to be turned up. Your fellows chugged along nicely though. Sounds like a Stooges song.
I don't like it either but that one song, and the bands that covered it, pretty much set that guy up for good so he's probably happy to just do whatever with it.

Maybe if we wrote something so popular that people want to sing it back at us we might feel different about audience participation.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Video is now showing as unavailable... :confused:
Screenshot 2023-07-15 082949.jpg
Or is it just me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:00 pm Video is now showing as unavailable... :confused:

Screenshot 2023-07-15 082949.jpg

Or is it just me?
Yeah it got pulled.

They say they're fixing the artwork typo. We'll see.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:45 pm Maybe if we wrote something so popular that people want to sing it back at us we might feel different about audience participation.
Possibly,
It annoyed me when Bob Marley did it in 79, when Freddie Mercury did it in 76 etc. I don't seem to be into a song or band enough to shout out the lyrics at a gig. I just want to hear it done. The same with the "Do you feel alight SYDENEEE?" stuff. I'll go berserk clapping, calling for an encore etc. but not the other bits.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:16 pm They say they're fixing the artwork typo. We'll see.
Pity - I thought it was hilarious.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:51 am
Possibly,
It annoyed me when Bob Marley did it in 79, when Freddie Mercury did it in 76 etc. I don't seem to be into a song or band enough to shout out the lyrics at a gig. I just want to hear it done. The same with the "Do you feel alight SYDENEEE?" stuff. I'll go berserk clapping, calling for an encore etc. but not the other bits.
I hate that shit too. I hate it when bands vamp and pander to a crowd. Long extended breakdowns and all that shit. Hate it.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:52 am
Pity - I thought it was hilarious.
We still don't know what was offensive about it or who was actually offended. They won't tell us. They won't even share the complaints with us anonymously. We cornered the record company guy at our last gig and asked him man to man, to his face, what the fuck. He claims he doesn't know. It's his girlfriend in Austin fielding the complaints. He isn't involved in that part of the "business". Seems shady. I think she just doesn't like us for whatever reason.

We're shopping it around to maybe find a record company that isn't a bunch of spineless pussies.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:08 am
rayc wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:51 am
Possibly,
I hate that shit too. I hate it when bands vamp and pander to a crowd. Long extended breakdowns and all that shit. Hate it.
For bigger shows, I like that kind of stuff because that's where the burrs that make it live come into play. I loved seeing Midnight Oil forget where they were and say "It's great to be back here... in... a place where people are honest". I loved seeing Smashing Pumpkins replace "Detroit" in one of their lyrics with whatever city they were in and forget that the next line already referenced Nashville when they played here.
Hit me with those live fuckups that make each show unique!

For smaller shows, obviously, it's a lot less entertaining. "Yes we know you're in Murfreesboro. You're from Murfreesboro. You don't need to pander to the locals."
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Well it looks like it's back...sort of.

They altered the art and the title...and completely fucked up the track order. But here we go again anyway. :facepalm:

Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Giving it a ply through now but as it's only just after 7am I have to wear phones.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Not getting what the problem with the original title was - apart from the misspell. "Playing broken records" is just a bit meh as a title. The original was much better.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:41 pm Not getting what the problem with the original title was - apart from the misspell. "Playing broken records" is just a bit meh as a title. The original was much better.
Well none of this is our doing. We thought they were gonna fix the typo...not erase half the title lol.

But fuck it, who cares, they successfully destroyed any fun or buzz from putting out a new album so fuck them.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Armistice wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:41 pm Not getting what the problem with the original title was - apart from the misspell. "Playing broken records" is just a bit meh as a title. The original was much better.
Well none of this is our doing. We thought they were gonna fix the typo...not erase half the title lol.

But fuck it, who cares, they successfully destroyed any fun or buzz from putting out a new album so fuck them.
Yeah. Disappointing I guess. The original title, given it matched the picture with the syringe, was pretty cool.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Here's the real art....
Album Cover.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Hold the fuck up. Why has the whole thing been renamed? It has all the feel of it being sanitized or something ?

Dude, why are you not more pissed? I feel like it is actual censorship / watering down 😮😮😮🤬🤬
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:29 pm Hold the fuck up. Why has the whole thing been renamed? It has all the feel of it being sanitized or something ?

Dude, why are you not more pissed? I feel like it is actual censorship / watering down 😮😮😮🤬🤬
They did censor it. Very punk rock right? They altered our title and artwork. And I am pissed. Super pissed. But what are we to do right now? They still have more reach than we have on our own. We're shopping it around to other companies.

The music is unchanged. They didn't fuck with our songs. They did screw up the track order. But all of this just reinforces how I've felt about this chickenshit "record company" all along. Since day one, I've been against these clowns. I've bitched about them at every opportunity. They do almost nothing for us. A few compilations, big deal. They don't promote us, they don't repost our stuff, they don't advertise our gigs in their own backyard at their own club! It's like we don't even exist...until it's time to censor our album title that they knew about months before it's release.

You always hear stories of bands not feeling supported or even wanted by their own record company. Well this is it in real life.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Fuck them. You should put various posts on your website along with the original album art explaining what they've done.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:18 am Fuck them. You should put various posts on your website along with the original album art explaining what they've done.
It's coming. We're gonna play nice for a minute but we got people sharpening the knives....
Rebel Yell