My band stuff

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
JD01

Re: My band stuff

Post by JD01 »

Wasn't Red Room right near the start of the album before.
I've listened to it a few times now, its really good.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:37 am Wasn't Red Room right near the start of the album before.
Thanks. Yeah they completely fucked the track order with the re-upload. It's now alphabetical. :facepalm:

We're not super artistic or anything but we're not so lazy that we'd sequence our album alphabetically like some kind of idiot.

The proper track order....
1 Lights Out
2 Red Room
3 Halo
4 On Our Own
5 Nothing
6 My Disease
7 In Your Eyes
8 If I Died
9 No Love
10 Trapped
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:07 pm That's a real irritation that the label is such a bunch of idiots. Best of luck finding a real label!
Thanks! We have a show at Creepyfest in New Orleans this weekend and there will be some record company people there. Hopefully we can find a new business partner. We're not looking for the traditional big signing and multi-record deal. We don't want that. We just want someone to put our shit out there and give us some support.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:37 am We just want someone to put our shit out there and give us some support.
I think that's what most bands should be looking for these days. With the cost of recording and gear, a band with enough brains to buy gear and write songs should be able to get the cash together to pay for their own album... if they're not able to record it themselves.

Its really weird that they changed the track order though - I just can't see the point in that.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:02 am
Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:37 am We just want someone to put our shit out there and give us some support.
I think that's what most bands should be looking for these days. With the cost of recording and gear, a band with enough brains to buy gear and write songs should be able to get the cash together to pay for their own album... if they're not able to record it themselves.

Its really weird that they changed the track order though - I just can't see the point in that.
just lazy ..... their 'puter alphabetized it and they didn't bother to notice or care
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:40 am
just lazy ..... their 'puter alphabetized it and they didn't bother to notice or care
That ^^^^^

It's lazy and a total lack of respect.

We're more pissed about the track order than the art and title edit.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm
vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:18 pm I've been using the word "fetish" (not in the sex sense) to describe cassettes.
You mean you DON'T run home as quick as you can and forcibly ram the cassette up your arse? What sort of fan are you?
Of course, but that's totally unrelated to how or why most fans buy the tapes.

That does suck how useless Greg's label is being. Did they ever talk to you anymore than just saying "oh, some people are upset at the name" and "we had to take it down to correct the mis-spelling"?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:34 am
JD01 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:37 am Wasn't Red Room right near the start of the album before.
Thanks. Yeah they completely fucked the track order with the re-upload. It's now alphabetical. :facepalm:

We're not super artistic or anything but we're not so lazy that we'd sequence our album alphabetically like some kind of idiot.

The proper track order....
1 Lights Out
2 Red Room
3 Halo
4 On Our Own
5 Nothing
6 My Disease
7 In Your Eyes
8 If I Died
9 No Love
10 Trapped
Just popped your record on Spotify again, noticed that Red Room is now registering as having over 1000 plays. So, the song that has the "offensive" lyrics is the most popular. Win.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:55 am
That does suck how useless Greg's label is being. Did they ever talk to you anymore than just saying "oh, some people are upset at the name" and "we had to take it down to correct the mis-spelling"?
Nope that's all we know. :k:
JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:25 am
Just popped your record on Spotify again, noticed that Red Room is now registering as having over 1000 plays. So, the song that has the "offensive" lyrics is the most popular. Win.
It's also the song they put on compilations all over the world. They clearly have never even listened to it, or they don't actually find it "offensive" and they're just being spineless cunts reacting to other spineless cunts.
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:14 pm It's also the song they put on compilations all over the world. They clearly have never even listened to it, or they don't actually find it "offensive" and they're just being spineless cunts reacting to other spineless cunts.
Its a banger!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:22 pm
Its a banger!
So far it's probably been our most popular song among people that actually know who we are. I don't think the title words "Red Room" are ever even mentioned in the song so people ask us "hey what's the 'don't leave me alone' song"?
Rebel Yell