New gear day

Need a helping hand to make sure you do it right, first time? Got some good advice to pass on, so no-one makes the same mistakes you did? This is your forum.
Bill L

New gear day

Post by Bill L »

So I have an X32 Rack mixer that works great as an audio interface when it has the USB recording card installed. I just recently found out that they also have an SD card option called X-Live. Now, instead of having to bring a computer, set up the project, name and select the correct inputs, I just have to hit record on iPad and it will record every input to an independent file. When I get home, I take out the SD card, copy the content to my computer and I can start mixing. It can record up to 32 channels at a time. It also has 2 card slots in case you run out of space. I have 2 - 64 gig cards installed that get me 6 hours plus of 16 channel each. For 32 channel shows I'll probably grab a couple of 128 gig cards. Going to use it this weekend for an acoustic duo gig. And in a couple of weeks I'll do my band. It'll make recording gigs much easier for me.
PXL_20221102_172236031.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Re: New gear day

Post by Lt. Bob »

VERY cool!
rayc

Post by rayc »

As it should be! Cool.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That's pretty awesome. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

What a time to be alive. I remember not all that long ago.. maybe 2007, I used to record to an outboard digital daw thing and trying to get it into a computer afterwards was a night mare. Weeks of fighting with troubleshooting that inevitably ended up with me driving two hours to my buddy in the city and he took it into this university studio and dumped them all to a cd for me for a case of beer.

Very cool piece of gear Bill.
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

This is how we got Phish... :mad2:

:biggrin:

Way cool piece of gear Bill - how absolutely handy is that. Could have really used that in the past. :frown:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

That's a solid piece of gear from what I've heard over the years. People love 'em! I hope you love yours as well and get lots of good jams out of it.