Recording Challenge #11 (Collaboration)

Community Challenge! Pretty Self Explanatory! Our users challenge each other to to recording showdowns. Challenges never expire! Though it is encouraged to strike while the iron is hot! All in the name of fun!
CrowsofFritz

Recording Challenge #11 (Collaboration)

Post by CrowsofFritz »

The challenge is someone can post a bass track, and you have to make a whole song out of that track.

I can make one, anyone can make one really. The more people that give base tracks, the more options people have. But I need at least one other person to make a base track so I can participate, too.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Re: Recording Challenge #11 (Collaboration)

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Interesting.

Ok, here's a bass part I have sitting around. (It's actually from a completed song - I may have even posted it here - but it'd be interesting to see what someone else does with it.)
SS-Bass.mp3
Edit: Tempo is 149. Key is Gmaj, I believe.
I could put up a chord chart, but that seems like it would defeat much of the purpose of the exercise, lol!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vomitHatSteve on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 am Interesting.

Ok, here's a bass part I have sitting around. (It's actually from a completed song - I may have even posted it here - but it'd be interesting to see what someone else does with it.)

SS-Bass.mp3
Awesome! I’ll record a couple of base tracks myself. That very first note sounds like a piano!
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Here's my base bass. It's in a Beatles style of course. BPM is 120
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:05 pm Here's my base bass. It's in a Beatles style of course. BPM is 120
LOL - sounds very The Wiggles. :lollers:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 am Interesting.

SS-Bass.mp3
Very much from the wonderful VHS universe... not sure I could do anything much with that musically but I can imagine a chanting vocal thing to it...
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Armistice wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:30 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:05 pm Here's my base bass. It's in a Beatles style of course. BPM is 120
That’s that popular children’s group from upside down land, right? I heard they’re cool. Visit sick kids in hospitals and stuff.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:24 pm
Armistice wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:30 pm

That’s that popular children’s group from upside down land, right? I heard they’re cool. Visit sick kids in hospitals and stuff.

Here's a newer Wiggles - only one original member - facing the same pressures of all rock bands with line up issues - do we just recruit more people and put them in the same colour skivvies and hope no-one cares and STILL KEEP MAKING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EACH YEAR or just admit that the band is over and disappear into obscurity and penury... :k: As it turned out, no-one cared - because 2 year olds aren't that discerning, and by exploring different genders and skin colours (although not in the version below) they've opened up entirely new markets. Savvy.

I don't think they do hospital visits, unless they want free promo opportunities, they just absolutely cream it from parents who've discovered they can plonk their toddler down in front of the TV with The Wiggles on and get some peace. For over 30 years now. No wonder the yoof can't concentrate on anything for more than 2 seconds.

I despise them. :mad3:

I'm kidding about your bass part, BTW, but it does have a sort of sing-songy feel to it - Beatle-ish, as you say. :like:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Armistice wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:24 pm

Here's a newer Wiggles - only one original member - facing the same pressures of all rock bands with line up issues - do we just recruit more people and put them in the same colour skivvies and hope no-one cares and STILL KEEP MAKING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS EACH YEAR or just admit that the band is over and disappear into obscurity and penury... :k: As it turned out, no-one cared - because 2 year olds aren't that discerning, and by exploring different genders and skin colours (although not in the version below) they've opened up entirely new markets. Savvy.

I don't think they do hospital visits, unless they want free promo opportunities, they just absolutely cream it from parents who've discovered they can plonk their toddler down in front of the TV with The Wiggles on and get some peace. For over 30 years now. No wonder the yoof can't concentrate on anything for more than 2 seconds.

I'm kidding about your bass part, BTW, but it does have a sort of sing-songy feel to it - Beatle-ish, as you say. :like:
It’s more the McCartney granny tune type of Beatles. Like When I’m 64.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Wiggles pre Wiggles - the Cockroaches...

They were fun...as for The Wiggles - they're educationally sound.
Bass based song - nice idea BUT as my ears aren't good enough - I'd need chords or notes.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

rayc wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:05 pm Wiggles pre Wiggles - the Cockroaches...

They were fun...as for The Wiggles - they're educationally sound.
Bass based song - nice idea BUT as my ears aren't good enough - I'd need chords or notes.
I’ll give the key when I get home.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Armistice wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 pm

My child loved the Wiggles. I can still sing several of their songs from memory.

We saw them live once, like 4th or 5th seats. Not sure if it was the original line up or the lead singer that had been replaced.

When the Big Red Car came onto the stage I had a trembling two year old standing on my lap singing along.

A good memory for sure. And I have to say, I liked their stuff better than the purple dino or tele-tubbies.