PERFECTLY STRANGE?

The Rebels Drive-In Movie theater. A forum to share your videos, and also a place to get help with making videos from our upstanding rebel experts.
rayc

PERFECTLY STRANGE?

Post by rayc »

OPTIONS!!!
The short version - is without the dramatic effect fill while the longer is with...
SHORT

LONG

Drums are by Drums On Demand & the rest is my fault.

I should be able to record a mic'd amp in about a fortnight!
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Re: PERFECTLY STRANGE?

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Where does the "logic is an instrument for justifying a prejudice" quote come from? Did you already have it before you wrote the lyric?

The gunshot at the end of the long one made me chortle. Maybe a little on the nose.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

lol. I loved the random Misfits poster with "the Perfect Crime!" on it. Actually. this whole video is actually pretty funny with some of the stuff you must have googled to match the lyrics.Cousin Larry and Balki HAHA!!!

Yea i enjoyed the extra long one with the gunshot ray. Very cool.

Are you redoing the guitars or something?
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:47 am Where does the "logic is an instrument for justifying a prejudice" quote come from? Did you already have it before you wrote the lyric?

The gunshot at the end of the long one made me chortle. Maybe a little on the nose.
Thanks Steve,
I found that a month or so after writing the lyric. It's a weird, contentious, obvious, conspiratorial all in one statement.
In fact I think it might be the perfect standard response by a Q believer.
I was going to put an image of cheese over the gun shot but figured the brief extended pointing hand would be better and easily removed.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Jeez that filter you're using just makes everything look creepy! Nice work ray. Wish I had the patience for video - perhaps I'll get back into it later in the year once I've finished recording.
rayc

Post by rayc »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:49 pm lol. I loved the random Misfits poster with "the Perfect Crime!" on it. Actually. this whole video is actually pretty funny with some of the stuff you must have googled to match the lyrics.Cousin Larry and Balki HAHA!!!
Yea i enjoyed the extra long one with the gunshot ray. Very cool.
Are you redoing the guitars or something?
Not redoing guitars on this one - just looking forward to being able to do so after almost 18 months of restrictions due to a long term guest in the house and renovations.
Trawling through duck Duck Go results, looking at the Prelinger Archives and such is a fun way to engage with random ephemera.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:03 pm It's a weird, contentious, obvious, conspiratorial all in one statement.
That's a good way to describe it