I bought it .... sounds like this -- E.H. Lester G Deluxe

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

I bought it .... sounds like this -- E.H. Lester G Deluxe

Post by Lt. Bob »

The Lester G Deluxe is a Leslie simulator and it instantly became a must-have pedal on my board.
If it broke I'd immediately get another.

If you look at the pic you'll see I have it on the bottom left of my board .... that's so the speed control is out there where I can constantly ride it during ..... well, all sorts of things.

The magic, to me, of a Leslie is that speeding up and slowing down thing where you have the horn spinning up and slowing down faster than the woofer enclosure does because of the weight difference.
When you see organ players with a Leslie they'll often never stop on either speed and, instead, constantly change between the two speeds ..... to me that's just the coolest sound.
I basically use this as my modulation pedal for anything I'd use a modulation pedal for and I just stay on that speed change button.

One thing .... you can run it stereo and when you do it's frighteningly real sounding ..... but I wouldn't do that live since it'd require two amps so I didn't do it here either. I just ran my pedalboard into the front of my amp like I would on any gig.

But it still does a pretty good Leslie that way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Re: I bought it .... sounds like this -- E.H. Lester G Deluxe

Post by Greg_L »

That sounds pretty good!
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bob, this sounds great. I actually think I want one. I reckon I'd get a fair bit of use out of that.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

JD01 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:27 am Bob, this sounds great. I actually think I want one. I reckon I'd get a fair bit of use out of that.
I loved it immediately ...... one of the few pedals I didn't have to dig into much to have it be awesome.
They do make one about 60 bucks cheaper called the Lester K .... but it does not have the comp ( don't care ) or the acceleration control ( want ).

I assume the acceleration is pre-set and I really like being able to set it where I want it ..... so the big mamma-jamma is the one I settled on.

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:51 am That is a pretty pedal.
Plus a nice protective layer of dirt ....... and artful corrosion on the jack.

I guess I could have cleaned it up for the pic but this is a working board by the sea!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Nothing at all wrong with that.

One part espiaclly reminded me of that one part of "black hole sun" by sound garden. I always wondered what created that sound. I think i know now.
:happytrees:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:32 pm One part espiaclly reminded me of that one part of "black hole sun" by sound garden.
That's what made me think I could use it. I knew that was a Leslie effect but all the Leslie effects I've heard so far have been shite.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:05 pm
Plus a nice protective layer of dirt ....... and artful corrosion on the jack.

I guess I could have cleaned it up for the pic but this is a working board by the sea!
One of the great advantages to buzzing my hair (instead of having a terrible mullet) and having no pets is that all my gear is much cleaner now!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Sounds great...do you run the EH B9 into it?
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

rayc wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 am Sounds great...do you run the EH B9 into it?
I haven't ............. but clearly I need to do that soon .... hadn't actually thought of it