New Honey Hunters - Pretend

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Armistice

Re: New Honey Hunters - Pretend

Post by Armistice »

JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 am Jesus, armi. You've gone full science on it.
Try it on the 2nd fret of the A string, I bet it'll be different.
More like full business analyst... :biggrin:

Pretty sure a real engineer would have had one listen and said "You know that the fundamental note on that tom is the same as the super resonant B you're getting off the bass" and saved me a few hours of head scratching.

Results up top...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Armistice wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:29 am
JD01 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 am Jesus, armi. You've gone full science on it.
Try it on the 2nd fret of the A string, I bet it'll be different.
More like full business analyst... :biggrin:

Pretty sure a real engineer would have had one listen and said "You know that the fundamental note on that tom is the same as the super resonant B you're getting off the bass" and saved me a few hours of head scratching.

Results up top...
Yeah, that's much better - at home now so listening on my reference cans too. If anything I think you might have hollowed it out a bit too much actually. You could probably bring the bass up a tiny bit in the mix now.

Well done though - I find sorting out shit like that really difficult.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Always the way... I can easily unwind a few HPFs to give it more body. :biggrin:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

And done. Getting all the way to v6 seems like failure, so I've left it at v5... :lollers:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I guess i am coming in on the last chapter here as well.

I got nothing. My comments from previous song are applicable here. though this one feels like a few more layers of backing vocals maybe. Everything is gelling nicely.

this should be a good record Armi. :like: :like:
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:27 am I guess i am coming in on the last chapter here as well.

I got nothing. My comments from previous song are applicable here. though this one feels like a few more layers of backing vocals maybe. Everything is gelling nicely.

this should be a good record Armi. :like: :like:
Cheers... I'm hoping it'll be a good record. There are no songs that have any doubts about, yet, unlike the last one.

Different style coming up in the next couple of weeks with a couple of riffier items, plus the one that was the first thing I did with the Duesenberg which people said sounded like it should be in a detective noir film. :biggrin: Just waiting for GF to bugger off to Sydney so I can get into it again. Tomorrow. :like:
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

Pensive - yes I looked up that word and it fits.

Sonically works good over here.

:)
Louisville KY