The end of the wurld

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Manslick

The end of the wurld

Post by Manslick »

Hey gang!!

Howz this grab yaz??
End of the World 2022.mp3
oww o yea

I was lost
I was wundering
I saw a girl!
SHE said "It's the end of the world, it's the end of the world"

yeah... the end of the world

"..it is the end of the world"
or so said the hippy chick
tight pants
blond hair blowing in the wind
and I was driving
I was driving to the end of the world
and she got in
She got in

she had her thumb out
i checked her bum out
i said "get in let's go
come on get in let's go"
and we went to the end of the world
yes we went to the end of the world

SHE said "the world has gone to shit"
to prove her point
she said "take a little bitty hit"
in her finger were a very small blunt

:metal:

i took a long draw

like a milk shake straw

i took a long draw

to a milk shake straw

and then we drove to the end of the world
yes! we drove to the end of the world
wooo

she said "where are you a going?
i never seen this road before"
she said "where are you a going"
"i never saw this road before?"
I said "we are going to the end of the world!"
we are going to the end of the world, little girl"
she started to laugh... ha ha
she couldn't stop stop stop she couldn't stop...
when we got to the end of the world
we got to the end of the world...
/end

F#7 B7 Abm C#9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Manslick on Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Louisville KY
Lt. Bob

Re: The end of the wurld

Post by Lt. Bob »

I like it a lot !

Just in from a 6 hour gig so I can't hear ..... I'll check it out again tomorrow but it's pretty bad ass
rayc

Post by rayc »

Were you lost and and "wondering" or "wandering"?
Cool song...jogs along really well.
Cheers
rayc
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

ha. in the moment i said it like wund so left it.
Louisville KY
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

appreciate the spin steve. thanks.
Louisville KY
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Some cool sounds here.

Is it just me, or is the whole mix pumping a lot? What are you doing compressor-wise here?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I think this mix is pumping a bit too.
Generally sounds pretty fun though.
The performances and the mix all sounds tidy enough, maybe the vocal is bit dark and not cutting through the mix, but it'll be easier to judge without this pumpy effect.

I thought it might be my ears at first 'cos I've been struggling with them lately, but its definitely sounding a bit pumpy.
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:05 pm Some cool sounds here.

Is it just me, or is the whole mix pumping a lot? What are you doing compressor-wise here?
Hey VHS - I thought I notices a pump or two in there.

"What are you doing compressor-wise here?"

I have the bass track compressed at 6.2:1, threshold at -39.72 with the release at 802ms.
The MIDI drums are compressed at 4.06:1, threshold at -25.8 with the release at 554ms
There is also a live drum track way down, mainly for the cymbols that is set at compressor 8.72:1, threshold -36.44, release 228ms
The master buss compressor is set at 2:1, threshold at -21.02, release at 1.2s attack at 10ms

I noticed the midi drums, especially the riff at the into was muffed and so i added a thing called saturation and it made them more defined.
I also noticed the midi drums had a lot of power in the lower end so i rolled off some of that.
Then the clave track had a horrible roar from my AC unit so, i had to rerecord that.

Then after I did all that the bass track vanished so i monkeyed with the plug in.
I replaced the track in the OP.

Thanks for the feedback.
Louisville KY
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

JD01 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:43 am I think this mix is pumping a bit too.
Generally sounds pretty fun though.
The performances and the mix all sounds tidy enough, maybe the vocal is bit dark and not cutting through the mix, but it'll be easier to judge without this pumpy effect.

I thought it might be my ears at first 'cos I've been struggling with them lately, but its definitely sounding a bit pumpy.
Maybe the new version is more ear friendly?

Thanks for the feedback.
Louisville KY
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Manslick wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:24 am
vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:05 pm Some cool sounds here.

I have the bass track compressed at 6.2:1, threshold at -39.72 with the release at 802ms.
The MIDI drums are compressed at 4.06:1, threshold at -25.8 with the release at 554ms
There is also a live drum track way down, mainly for the cymbols that is set at compressor 8.72:1, threshold -36.44, release 228ms
The master buss compressor is set at 2:1, threshold at -21.02, release at 1.2s attack at 10ms

I noticed the midi drums, especially the riff at the into was muffed and so i added a thing called saturation and it made them more defined.
I also noticed the midi drums had a lot of power in the lower end so i rolled off some of that.
Then the clave track had a horrible roar from my AC unit so, i had to rerecord that.

Then after I did all that the bass track vanished so i monkeyed with the plug in.

Thanks for the feedback.
Happy to help!

That is some aggressive compression on the bass and drums, but I don't think that would create the pumping effect. And 2:1 on the master bus shouldn't be extreme enough to do so either.

Y'know, on a re-listen, I think it's the bass. There's very little high-end on it, so I'm not consciously noticing the notes, but I am hearing the low-end of the mix getting louder and quieter when it's playing.
It's similar to a technique I've noticed in a lot of EDM in the last few years that kind of gets on my nerves. The kick drum is all bass frequencies and is super-loud in the mix; then the compress the whole thing. So when you listen on headphones or small speakers, the kick drum just saps all the energy. Probably sounds great on a club PA tho.
So, I guess the question is, have you listened on cans yet, Mans? How does it feel to you there?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Manslick!!! good to hear a little something from you.

I think I am coming in on the repaired track as i am not hearing any pumping at all!!! It all sounds really really good and i got nothing to pick apart honestly.

Love the lyrics man. enjoy the wit and story telling. πŸ‘Œ great song.
:happytrees:
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

vomitHatSteve wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:41 pm
Manslick wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:24 am

Thanks for the feedback.
Happy to help!

That is some aggressive compression on the bass and drums, but I don't think that would create the pumping effect. And 2:1 on the master bus shouldn't be extreme enough to do so either.

Y'know, on a re-listen, I think it's the bass. There's very little high-end on it, so I'm not consciously noticing the notes, but I am hearing the low-end of the mix getting louder and quieter when it's playing.
It's similar to a technique I've noticed in a lot of EDM in the last few years that kind of gets on my nerves. The kick drum is all bass frequencies and is super-loud in the mix; then the compress the whole thing. So when you listen on headphones or small speakers, the kick drum just saps all the energy. Probably sounds great on a club PA tho.
So, I guess the question is, have you listened on cans yet, Mans? How does it feel to you there?
Well yes I have listened on can, they are Control Acoustics MD-S50 sound isolating headphones.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... headphones
I'm gonna take this to the car soon.
Thanks again.
Last edited by Manslick on Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louisville KY
Manslick

Post by Manslick »

WhiskeyJack wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm Manslick!!! good to hear a little something from you.

I think I am coming in on the repaired track as i am not hearing any pumping at all!!! It all sounds really really good and i got nothing to pick apart honestly.

Love the lyrics man. enjoy the wit and story telling. πŸ‘Œ great song.
Thanks WJ - appreciate the spin and the feedback. :smiles:
Louisville KY