amps going to the dump

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

amps going to the dump

Post by Lt. Bob »

or perhaps cut them up with saws and build something outta them .... more likely the dump.
Ampeg VT40, VT22 and ..... well, I'll prolly keep thye V2 head since Ampeg flat out has the most awesome EQ

But the 70's Ampegs gotta go away .... they're in my way and I have no use for them.
They're worth money but I'd have to hold onto them for a year or three while waiting for someone local that's wants them 'cause I ain't shipping them.
And they're a young mans amp ...... 100lbs and too loud for anything but loud bands.

So the dump is the most likely although maybe I can part them out.
But it'd be fun to shove them over the edge of the dumpster at the waste station.

But I do love how the VT-40 looks ..... maybe throw the amp away and make a table outta the cab
Greg_L

Re: amps going to the dump

Post by Greg_L »

What? No. Give them to me. Just hang on to them for a bit more. Maybe this winter I'll find a way to get over there.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:20 pm What? No. Give them to me. Just hang on to them for a bit more. Maybe this winter I'll find a way to get over there.
we'll talk .... no promises ..... but I would like to have you be their new owner if only because I want to read about the first time you plug one into a 4x12 and go, "Holy crap!"
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:24 pm
we'll talk .... no promises ..... but I would like to have you be their new owner if only because I want to read about the first time you plug one into a 4x12 and go, "Holy crap!"
I would like to be their new owner and plug them in and go "holy crap"!
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:24 pm
I would like to be their new owner and plug them in and go "holy crap"!
you will .... they're their own kind of beast.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

If any get left behind, let me know. My buddy is on tour at the moment but he lives in Florida and can pick up whatever is left over. I would love to have an Ampeg in my life. Just a thought. :yeabuddy:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lemme know ..... be aware these are 1970-72 amps so possibilities include caps needing to be replaced.

The VT-40 I bought from Jimmy Eppard ( worth a quick google ) and he had it re-capped right before I bought it so it should be fine.
And the V2 head's in fairly good shape ..... not sure about the VT-22 but it does fire up.

These are loud heavy amps .... I have 'em earmarked for teh gerg because he could actually use them and could fix 'em up to be as they deserve to be.
But he is pretty far away and it's only a couple of thousand dollars worth of amps so maybe not worth the 1000 mile drive.

So I'm holding out for him for a bit yet but come the fall they need to travel ...... I'd like to be able to walk into my gear room.

Plus I have stuff to sell I'm not giving away although I'll sell for about half of market price so he may be someone semi-local that may want or know someone who wants stuff.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:10 pm lemme know ..... be aware these are 1970-72 amps so possibilities include caps needing to be replaced.

The VT-40 I bought from Jimmy Eppard ( worth a quick google ) and he had it re-capped right before I bought it so it should be fine.
And the V2 head's in fairly good shape ..... not sure about the VT-22 but it does fire up.

These are loud heavy amps .... I have 'em earmarked for teh gerg because he could actually use them and could fix 'em up to be as they deserve to be.
But he is pretty far away and it's only a couple of thousand dollars worth of amps so maybe not worth the 1000 mile drive.

So I'm holding out for him for a bit yet but come the fall they need to travel ...... I'd like to be able to walk into my gear room.

Plus I have stuff to sell I'm not giving away although I'll sell for about half of market price so he may be someone semi-local that may want or know someone who wants stuff.
I'm gonna make it happen. Just hold on to them. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell