got my chickenbacker 12-string

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Lt. Bob

got my chickenbacker 12-string

Post by Lt. Bob »

out of the styrofoam it actually looks quite nice.

I need to change the strings and open up the electronics to tighten the pots .... also one of the things about rick 12's is that the string pairs are reversed compared to other 12's.
But it looks like the saddles were filed the correct way so I'll reverse the strings when I change them.

The 'stereo' jack is just a second jack and they need grommets between the main pickguard and that little extra section.

And though they didn't have it installed there was an actual 'made in USA' 'Rickenbacker' truss cover in the bag so I'll put that on just 'cause.

And I ordered the one looking like a Rick 360 but I got one like the Rick 330. I really prefer the rounded shape of the 360 but they contacted me before shipping and said "Here is pic of actual guitar ... if you approve we go forward".
So I told them that wasn't the right one and I'd take it if they knocked off 50 bucks ..... they said they'd knock off 42 so I went with it.

Took forever but my initial response is positive ..... let's see what happens after I tweak it
liv_rong

Re: got my chickenbacker 12-string

Post by liv_rong »

Allow us to see this thing once you get it sorted.
Lt. Bob

Re: got my chickenbacker 12-string

Post by Lt. Bob »

liv_rong wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:22 pm Allow us to see this thing once you get it sorted.
will do