Anyone have a Harley Benton guitar?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
CrowsofFritz

Re: Anyone have a Harley Benton guitar?

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:20 pm can I get Thomann stuff here in the gunnie world?
Shipping will cost about $75
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:20 pm can I get Thomann stuff here in the gunnie world?
Shipping will cost about $75
that's about the same as the cost of having a vinyl record shipped from Uk - EUR :spacepalm: :spacepalm: :lollers: :lollers:
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

stratmonkee wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:27 pm just checking out the thomann site, man, those are some low prices! Have wanted a mosrite guitar forever...this copy for $222 seems like a cool deal
mosrite copy
...if I can just sneak it past the accountant (wife) and mix it with the rest of the herd...it looks quite different then the rest of my guitars though, think she would notice :>)
That is pretty cool actually and the price isn't half bad. I wish it came in a different finish. Not a big fan of bursts but it is still cool. For 222. i could refinish that thing the way i wanted it. :like:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:38 pm

That is pretty cool actually and the price isn't half bad. I wish it came in a different finish. Not a big fan of bursts but it is still cool. For 222. i could refinish that thing the way i wanted it. :like:
They have other finishes and options for the Mosrite-ish guitar.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:58 pm

They have other finishes and options for the Mosrite-ish guitar.
Would ya lookit that! So they do.

still i'd want a seafoam green one. with fine metal flake and sprinkles in it it too for extra punch.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:13 pm

still i'd want a seafoam green one. with fine metal flake and sprinkles in it it too for extra punch.
Their dimensions are a bit off though....if comparing to a real Mosrite or a good clone. You should build one from scratch. :wink: :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Their dimensions are a bit off though....if comparing to a real Mosrite or a good clone. You should build one from scratch. :wink: :coolstorybro:
This is my rainy day plan.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm
Greg_L wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:15 pm

Howsabout, on a rainy day, you record some music? :wink:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Armistice wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:13 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Also a fantastic idea!
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Also a fantastic idea!
I was trying to finalise my latest's mix yesterday, which was a very rainy day, and the thumping rain on the tin roof immediately outside the studio was making it very difficult to hear properly. :mad2:

Sunny today though. At least for now. :suspicious:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:35 pm idea!
And that’s all it’ll be :lollers: :lollers2:
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

:lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2:

He got you there @WhiskeyJack
Rebel Yell
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

stratmonkee wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:27 pm just checking out the thomann site, man, those are some low prices! Have wanted a mosrite guitar forever...this copy for $222 seems like a cool deal
mosrite copy
...if I can just sneak it past the accountant (wife) and mix it with the rest of the herd...it looks quite different then the rest of my guitars though, think she would notice :>)
Had one of these back in high school days, wish I still had it....pointy guitars were just coming in style and I traded it for a crappy pointy washburn thing....man i miss it.
white univox
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

stratmonkee wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Had one of these back in high school days, wish I still had it....pointy guitars were just coming in style and I traded it for a crappy pointy washburn thing....man i miss it.
white univox
those are also very cool. I'd be fine with one of those too. i hope you learned your lesson about pointy guitars :like:
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:10 pm
stratmonkee wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:10 pm
white univox
those are also very cool. I'd be fine with one of those too. i hope you learned your lesson about pointy guitars :like:
haha yes, a long time ago ...all curvy goodness now, about the nearest thing to a pointy guitar is a gibson firebird I have, and the points on that are nice and round :smiles:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

stratmonkee wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:38 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:10 pm

haha yes, a long time ago ...all curvy goodness now, about the nearest thing to a pointy guitar is a gibson firebird I have, and the points on that are nice and round :smiles:
NICE!!

I had an Epi Thundebird Bass and while it sounded and looked badass. I really didn't like the feel of it and how it played. It was also kind of a lemon as no one could get it intonated properly. :frown:
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:01 pm
stratmonkee wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:38 pm
NICE!!

I had an Epi Thundebird Bass and while it sounded and looked badass. I really didn't like the feel of it and how it played. It was also kind of a lemon as no one could get it intonated properly. :frown:
yeah those do look cool, mine is a 2005 Gibson Firebird studio version, it has the full humbuckers, not the minis...think they only made these for a couple of years..love this guitar , its a bit heavy, but great player...
2005 Gibson firebird studio
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:01 pm

A guy I used to work with, and drink with, who is now dead due to a bullet in his head, had a Gibson flying V that sounded great but playing thst thing sucked. I play sitting down 99% of the time. That is my story of pointy guitars.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:37 pm
A guy I used to work with, and drink with, who is now dead due to a bullet in his head, had a Gibson flying V that sounded great but playing thst thing sucked. I play sitting down 99% of the time. That is my story of pointy guitars.
Vs do totally suck for sitting. But stand up like you're supposed to and they're pretty easy to play.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:40 pm
liv_rong wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:37 pm
Vs do totally suck for sitting. But stand up like you're supposed to and they're pretty easy to play.
Yeah because when you stand up on your legs and feet it's totally easier.