New board

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

New board

Post by liv_rong »

Been a few years so it was time for a fresh build!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tadpui

Re: New board

Post by Tadpui »

Nice and tidy! That looks great, man. Great selection of pedals too.

I don't recall from your previous thread...what is the unmarked one with the blue knobs?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Tadpui wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:36 pm Nice and tidy! That looks great, man. Great selection of pedals too.

I don't recall from your previous thread...what is the unmarked one with the blue knobs?
Thanks!

The one in question is a Blues Driver clone built by @dross
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That looks great, Liv. When I saw a thread saying you'd built a new board I was expecting it to be about 2m long and you'd need an assistant to operate it but that looks neat and tidy. You really get all the cabling tucked away well.

How is your power supply connect to the mains? There doesn't seem to be a hole in the board for the power cable to go through.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

@JD01 thanks, man! The power cable plugs into the side of the power brick opposite the patchbay. It will just run under the side.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice. What's the little Uranus dude? Is that just a toggle switch?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

This looks great liv. great job. I seent it on the Instagrams last night and i was going to wise ass comment something but i couldn't think of any good wiseassery.

I need to build an actual board for all my pedals. My room and set up is a complete shit hole. I may PM you for advice as i know nothing about nothing about what i'd need.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Looks great, nice craftyship.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

That is NICE!

Those Strymons make me want to reach for the credit card and I've actually been eyeing the Afterneath but I'm trying to come to grips with the idea that I have enough already.

But that's a great board there!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:24 am Nice. What's the little Uranus dude? Is that just a toggle switch?
Thanks! Yeah, that's a favorite switch for the El Capistan
WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:26 pm This looks great liv. great job. I seent it on the Instagrams last night and i was going to wise ass comment something but i couldn't think of any good wiseassery.

I need to build an actual board for all my pedals. My room and set up is a complete shit hole. I may PM you for advice as i know nothing about nothing about what i'd need.
Thanks! Yeah, anytime!
Greg_L wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:29 pm Looks great, nice craftyship.
:drums:
Lt. Bob wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:04 pm That is NICE!

Those Strymons make me want to reach for the credit card and I've actually been eyeing the Afterneath but I'm trying to come to grips with the idea that I have enough already.

But that's a great board there!
Thanks! I love the El Cap! I had one and sold it then bought another!

Now I am GASing hard for a Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl. There are 3 versions, this is the og:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I think that the right-angle plugs really seal the deal of keeping it looking nice and tidy. And they're nice low-profile ones. That definitely adds to the sleek look of everything.

I'm using some way overpriced DiMarzio coupler cables. Well, they were reasonably priced when I bought my first ones...but they were outrageously priced when I went back to buy more. They're nice but they have that molded plastic housing for the connectors and they don't fit snugly on a board like your low profile metal ones. I really like those cables!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:00 pm I think that the right-angle plugs really seal the deal of keeping it looking nice and tidy. And they're nice low-profile ones. That definitely adds to the sleek look of everything.

I'm using some way overpriced DiMarzio coupler cables. Well, they were reasonably priced when I bought my first ones...but they were outrageously priced when I went back to buy more. They're nice but they have that molded plastic housing for the connectors and they don't fit snugly on a board like your low profile metal ones. I really like those cables!
It'd be really cheap and easy to make your own low-pro custom cables.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I got the Warped Vinyl. What different pedal, never played anything like it. Can be subtle to way out their.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.