Pedals - how you do with them?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

Pedals - how you do with them?

Post by liv_rong »

So I am rebuilding both of my boards. The second is to be used as a different board for different stuffs but mostly I will be using an a/b/y/ to run both boards into two different amps for recording stuffs with microphones instead of overdubs.

I thought y'all may find it fun, with the exception of teh gerg :not worthy:, to choose how you would do it.

I know what I'll be doing already, but maybe you'll make me think about it differently too. But I am pretty set in my ways so I doubt it :wink: I am not using them all, btw

This is what we are playing with:

Amps:
-Mesa Mark V:25 into an Orange 2x12
-Blackstar HT5r (1x12 combo)

Pedals:
-Strymon Flint (trem/reverb)
-TC Electronic Vibraclone
-TC tuner (this tell you string sound)
Strymon ElCapistan (digital tape delay/reverb)
-Exotic EP Booster (make signal louder)
-RAT (make distort)
-Wampler Mini Ego (compressor)
-EQD Afterneath (deep reverb made by combining many many small delays)
-Keeley Omniverb (reverb)
-Boss RC1 (make sound repeat over and over until you tell it to stop, some call a looper)
-Mosky Golden Horse (this a clone of the Klon Centour, people call then klones)
-JHS 3-Series Delay
-the silver one with the blue knobs is a Blues Driver clone @dross made for me
-Belcat Tremolo
-switch that can be used to toggle a saved favorite setting on for El Capistan or as a tap temp for the trem side on the Flint
-both boards powered with their own TrueTone CS6's

Both amps have the effects loops. Both amps make reverb sounds as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Re: Pedals - how you do with them?

Post by Lt. Bob »

Nice!!I kinda want an El Capistan

I'll have to do a pic of mine ...... just in from a gig so tomorrow most likely
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Nice collection of pedals. I'm not much help in ordering or arranging them. I've just got a loose pile of pedals that I connect and reconnect however the mood strikes on a given day. About all I've learned over the years is that fuzz goes very first, then tuners, then I like compressors, overdrives, wah, then time-based stuff. Unless that doesn't sound right, in which case everything goes in different places in the chain :)
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

These days, my setup is to have an A board with all my day-to-day pedals going Sound replacement > Boost/distortion > Timing > final gain and EQ

Then my B board is whatever weird effects I wanna have just sort of arranged however they'll fit.

Of course, I generally only use one or 2 pedals at a time. The final gain and EQ stage does all the work 90% of the time.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am These days, my setup is to have an A board with all my day-to-day pedals going Sound replacement > Boost/distortion > Timing > final gain and EQ

Then my B board is whatever weird effects I wanna have just sort of arranged however they'll fit.

that's kinda what I'm trying to set up now.
I'll have my main board which'll have 12-13 pedals and then I'll have a 2nd which'll have things like my Key 9 and synth stuff
JD01

Post by JD01 »

OK,
Main Rig Mesa - Guitar>Tuner>EP Boost>Blues Driver>Klone>Loop>Flint>ElCapistan>Afterneath
Practice Rig - Guitar>Don't care if its in tune>RAT>Vibraclone>Loop>Belcat>JHS Delay>Omniverb>Looper

-Wampler Mini Ego (compressor) - Meh, whatever. Paperweight.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Liv's Gold Top > Polytune > Ep Booster > ElCapistan > Rat > Mesa. for the dirty cool atmosfear stuff.
Liv's Gold Top > Polytune > Ep Booster > Rat > Mesa. For dirty.

Sell the rest of the stuff.

:twocents:
:happytrees:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:54 am
I'll have my main board which'll have 12-13 pedals and then I'll have a 2nd which'll have things like my Key 9 and synth stuff
Dang! That's a lot of pedals! Will that be your live rig? Or is that more to keep things organized for studio use?
rayc

Post by rayc »

I have a pedal draw and they stay in there until they are required except my Ibanez Renometer #95 which lives connected to my amp. It's an EQ/boost/high boost thing for front ending.
I have no idea about pedal order other than when I use my Mel9 and that set up is:
The Mel 9 cost about three time the cost of the other pedals combined.
Behringer DC9 Compressor -> Mel9 -> Behringer GDI21 Fender amp in a box -> Noname spring reverb.
The DC9 works really well on 12 string as it adds a little top end jangle.
I don't have the tone ear to know what is best before and after.
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:35 pm Liv's Gold Top > Polytune > Ep Booster > ElCapistan > Rat > Mesa. for the dirty cool atmosfear stuff.
Liv's Gold Top > Polytune > Ep Booster > Rat > Mesa. For dirty.

Sell the rest of the stuff.

:twocents:
:lollers:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

OK ..... my current board:
E.H. Cockfight > StroboStomp tuner > Galactic Vise comp > Slamurai dist > EP Booster > RAH dist > SL Drive > Oceans 11 > Hardwire delay > Lester G Deluxe into whatever amp.
So 10 pedals right now if you count the tuner.
BTW, the Strobostomp is flat out the best gigging tuner ever.

The Cockfight isn't in the pic because I don't have room for it on this board so I carry it separately and run it in front of the board..

That's one of the reasons I want a bigger board plus I also want to add the Danelectro Reverse delay and the Boss SY-1 and my POG2 and maybe the Key 9.
I also have a vocal-harmony pedal I'd like to integrate into the gig.

This board sounds great thru anything including my little POS Marshall MG-15 which I actually gig with Reuben sometimes.

I have several more pedals I'm building so I'll want them somewhere too.
So I will take this smaller board and convert it to my "guest pedal" board.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.