NGDx2

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Greg_L

Re: NGDx2

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:40 pm
:lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2: he is a fucking legend.

though he isn't that big of an asshole he doesn't heave a heart. If you haven't seen the documentary "the other F word" i feel like you should. His story is pretty heartbreaking RE: kids. As is Fleas story. 10/10 recommend.
Thanks. I've seen bits and pieces of it. My main beef with DP is from the 80s when acted like a whiny bitch that skateboarding had passed him by. Yes he is a first-wave legend and innovator. No one would ever deny that. But guys progressed far beyond layback grinds and carving pools and he resented that. And nowadays he seems to be a bit of a magatard. But I like his music. He is a case of separating the artist from the art.
rayc wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:07 pm I don't know Duane but if he's a DP then it carries.
The guitars sound huge as does the whole thing.
Ace work.
Thanks Ray. :coolstorybro:
Tadpui wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:18 pm I don't know how much is the LP and how much is the DSL, but this has a nice hard rock edge to it. A little more gain than the others but something else adds weight to it too. Love the texture.
Thanks, it's probably a little of both. I tried to get a more modern rock sound without drifting into high gain metal territory. The pickups in this LPC are hot, and the DSL has the most gain of any amp I own. I've had this DSL for a little while now and this is the first time I've recorded with it. I'll say so myself...I think it sounds pretty cool. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell