New Gear Ordered Day

General recording topics.
musicturtle

New Gear Ordered Day

Post by musicturtle »

I won one of my Fantasy Football leagues and came in second in the other. Netting $990.

So I splurged and bought some stuff(no these two items did not cost $1000 :tongue:)

Aston Halo reflection filter(because I record in some of the worst treated places)
shopping.png

Beyerdynamic 990 open back head phones(because I mix almost exclusively with cans)
shopping (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Re: New Gear Ordered Day

Post by Lt. Bob »

nice ..... I love headphones.
What kinda headphone amp do you use?
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm nice ..... I love headphones.
I do not use one at this time
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Nice! Those 990s get a lot of love from the afficionados, I think they'll be great for you. Enjoy!
rayc

Post by rayc »

I've not seen the halo shape before. Weird but probably effective. The shield I use is a cheapie but it def works.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

musicturtle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:25 pm I won one of my Fantasy Football leagues and came in second in the other. Netting $990.

Wow nice haul from fantasy football! :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

musicturtle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:11 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm nice ..... I love headphones.
I do not use one at this time
yeah, I suppose the interface takes care of that
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Greg_L wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:50 pm Wow nice haul from fantasy football! :coolstorybro:
Yeah woulda been a bit better but I had Jamar Chase on my bench when he went off on the Chiefs. :facepalm2:

I put in Antonio Brown :headwall:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

musicturtle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:44 pm

I put in Antonio Brown :headwall:
:lollers2: :lollers2:

How many fantasy points do you get for unhinged rage quitting in the middle of a game?
Rebel Yell
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Greg_L wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:51 pm
How many fantasy points do you get for unhinged rage quitting in the middle of a game?
It is amazing we don't see more of this type of thing in professional sports(not so much the taking off of the clothes, but just walking off a field or court). Guys have so much money, make more money than their coaches. Plus, American football just messes up the minds of a lot of these players. In every other profession I have worked in, I have seen people just up and leave without warning in the middle of a shift, but I am having trouble recalling professional athletes doing it.

Not saying what AB did was justified, but it's kind of refreshing to me in a weird way.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

musicturtle wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 pm

It is amazing we don't see more of this type of thing in professional sports(not so much the taking off of the clothes, but just walking off a field or court). Guys have so much money, make more money than their coaches. Plus, American football just messes up the minds of a lot of these players. In every other profession I have worked in, I have seen people just up and leave without warning in the middle of a shift, but I am having trouble recalling professional athletes doing it.

Not saying what AB did was justified, but it's kind of refreshing to me in a weird way.
In football, the stigma of being a quitter or not giving 100% is the worst reputation you could have. The worst. You can lose every game, but if you hustled in those games you have respect. Cheaters, wife abusers, drug users, no one cares. But if you're a quitter you might as well be dead. I don't even see how someone elite like A.B. could recover from this. The greatest players obviously get preferential treatment, but he has burned every bridge he's crossed and he actually quit on his team....while they were down. The worst you could do.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

musicturtle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:25 pm I won one of my Fantasy Football leagues and came in second in the other. Netting $990.

So I splurged and bought some stuff(no these two items did not cost $1000 :tongue:)

Aston Halo reflection filter(because I record in some of the worst treated places)

shopping.png

Beyerdynamic 990 open back head phones(because I mix almost exclusively with cans)

shopping (1).png
Congrats MT!!! That looks like an awesome little snag with an even more awesome little prize. Congrats.

I keep being harassed to join the company hockey pool but I'll be dammed if know anything aboit hockey beyond the early 90's. Can't really bet on those clowns can i.
:happytrees:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:46 pm
Congrats MT!!! That looks like an awesome little snag with an even more awesome little prize. Congrats.

I keep being harassed to join the company hockey pool but I'll be dammed if know anything aboit hockey beyond the early 90's. Can't really bet on those clowns can i.
Thanks @WhiskeyJack

Yeah, I get a little too involved sometimes in the fantasy football stuff. I will be cutting down my involvement and maybe dropping it all together as my wife is growing tired of my obsessive behavior. Good to go out on a high note though. :punk:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

@Lt. Bob love these headphonea but it seems my interface does not push them enough.

Luckily I had this little mixer from my acoustic giggjng days laying around. Ran the mains out of my Focusrite to it. Did the trick nicely.
download.jpeg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

musicturtle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:30 pm @Lt. Bob love these headphonea but it seems my interface does not push them enough.

Luckily I had this little mixer from my acoustic giggjng days laying around. Ran the mains out of my Focusrite to it. Did the trick nicely.

download.jpeg.jpg
awesome!
I love headphones and have a buncha good ones.

For an amp I primarily use one of these although I have an upgraded power supply for it.