Interface recommendations

Troubleshooting your gear or shopping around for new stuff. This is where you need to be.
JD01

Interface recommendations

Post by JD01 »

A mate of mine is after a small interface too hook up to Reaper.
He wants two mic pres but also MIDI input is a must have for him.

He's found a possible interface by Arturia but I've never heard of them. Anyone heard of them?

Any other suggestions. Don't think Focusrite do MIDI on their small interfaces.
Greg_L

Re: Interface recommendations

Post by Greg_L »

Arturia is fine. They're all about MIDIs and synths and shit like that.
Rebel Yell
Farview

Post by Farview »

There are also midi to usb adapters that he can use. Last time I checked, they were like $20. There is no real reason it needs to be part of the interface.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Farview wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:43 pm There are also midi to usb adapters that he can use. Last time I checked, they were like $20. There is no real reason it needs to be part of the interface.
I don't doubt it... but I do think you're less likely have have compatibility and functionality issues if it's all tidily within one unit.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Those little Arturia MiniFuse interfaces do look intriguing. I was going to buy one to review, then UA announced their Volt series, so I'm waiting to get one of those instead. Otherwise I'd already have hands-on experience with the Arturia interfaces. Podcastage did a review on them not too long ago, and they seemed to work as well as one could expect...right in line with the competition.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That Volt 2 looks reasonably priced and has MIDI. I bet UA bundle in a load of good VSTs too.