NOGD

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Tadpui

Re: NOGD

Post by Tadpui »

@Greg_L haha, I just watched that about an hour ago! That was a good one for sure. I wasn't sure it was ever going to go back together. And it sounds like there's yet more work to do to fix the bow in the top. Damn I'm glad that mine hasn't suffered quite that bad in its past.

I just love that guy's channel. I even bought a t-shirt from his shop. I wore it during part of my last video :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:43 pm @Greg_L haha, I just watched that about an hour ago! That was a good one for sure. I wasn't sure it was ever going to go back together. And it sounds like there's yet more work to do to fix the bow in the top. Damn I'm glad that mine hasn't suffered quite that bad in its past.

I just love that guy's channel. I even bought a t-shirt from his shop. I wore it during part of my last video :D
Lol yeah I noticed it. That guy is very very smart. I like his vids.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:16 pm Lol yeah I noticed it. That guy is very very smart. I like his vids.
He just seems like a well-read, well-studied, and genuinely nice guy too. I would totally want to sit and have a few beers with him.

I think I like watching his videos mainly out of morbid curiosity. I accept that I'll never have the skills or tools to do most (or any) of what he does. So every video is kind of like watching a car crash to a guy like me. I always cringe when he's popping the neck off of a guitar, but that makes it even more satisfying to see the finished results :D
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:44 am
He just seems like a well-read, well-studied, and genuinely nice guy too. I would totally want to sit and have a few beers with him.

I think I like watching his videos mainly out of morbid curiosity. I accept that I'll never have the skills or tools to do most (or any) of what he does. So every video is kind of like watching a car crash to a guy like me. I always cringe when he's popping the neck off of a guitar, but that makes it even more satisfying to see the finished results :D
Totally agree. He does stuff I'd never even consider, he knows deep into the tech and history of luthiery. He knows woods and glues and all the little tools. It's impressive.

I watch an amp tech guy that is extremely similar. They're like the same guy. Same personality, same kind of ultra nerd wizardry.
Rebel Yell