A safe place for newbies. Stop in here to ask all your questions, no matter how silly they seem. Just don't ask us if you can sing!
Alison

Post by Alison »

I seem to have trouble sending private messages. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I add a recipient and often get the message, "recipient not found" so, I go to "find members", I do that but when I do send, I don't see it in my "sent messages" box. . . am I missing something? Sorry, guess I'm STILL a newbie!

Thanks for your help!
If I knew what I was doing, I'd be dangerous!
Lt. Bob

Re: Messages

Post by Lt. Bob »

well .... it will show up in your 'outbox' first ..... doesn't show as 'sent' until it's been received by the recipient which I suppose means when they open it ..... look in your 'outbox' to make sure they're sent ....
So something you've sent can sit in the outbox for a while sometimes depending on when the recipient checks his mail.

Another way to start a new message is to go to any post by the person you want to PM, click on their name and an option will show up to 'PM send private message' .... click on that and a new fresh empty PM will open up already addressed ..... just add subject and message.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:01 pm well .... it will show up in your 'outbox' first ..... doesn't show as 'sent' until it's been received by the recipient which I suppose means when they open it ..... look in your 'outbox' to make sure they're sent ....
So something you've sent can sit in the outbox for a while sometimes depending on when the recipient checks his mail.

Another way to start a new message is to go to any post by the person you want to PM, click on their name and an option will show up to 'PM send private message' .... click on that and a new fresh empty PM will open up already addressed ..... just add subject and message.
Ah, thank you! Still learning the in's and out's. I also realize that people here don't necessarily check in all the time, I'm one of those! Thanks!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:01 pm well .... it will show up in your 'outbox' first ..... doesn't show as 'sent' until it's been received by the recipient which I suppose means when they open it ..... look in your 'outbox' to make sure they're sent ....

@Alison ...

All of this. :like: :like:
:happytrees:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:01 pm
This seems the most efficient to me when I've PM'd folks. (I'm always afraid of rogue bonus accounts with near identical name: "LT Bob" or "Greg-L" or "JDO1" or something.)
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:46 am rogue bonus accounts with near identical name: "LT Bob" or "Greg-L" or "JDO1" or something.
I don't believe that is a thing here. If a person had entered that into recipient I believe it would generate a message saying that user doesn't exist .
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

The underscore in "Greg_L" is the symbol of authenticity. Look for the underscore to know you're getting the real deal.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:28 pm The underscore in "Greg_L" is the symbol of authenticity. Look for the underscore to know you're getting the real deal.
yep .... he even wears the 'black-out' under his eyes as a real life underlining.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 pm
yep .... he even wears the 'black-out' under his eyes as a real life underlining.
That's just lack of sleep and overall poor health.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol .... sleep? what the hell's that? :lollers2:
I have cats AND a dog so .....

I have one cat that likes to sleep on me but will only if I'm on my right side ...... if I'm on my left she jumps up and head butts me for a while before figuring out I'm on the wrong side which, of course, wakes me up.

Finally she'll jump down but come back about every 2 hours to see if the situation's changed! lol
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:53 am
vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:46 am rogue bonus accounts with near identical name: "LT Bob" or "Greg-L" or "JDO1" or something.
I don't believe that is a thing here. If a person had entered that into recipient I believe it would generate a message saying that user doesn't exist .
My paranoia needs no real-world justification!
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:44 pm lol .... sleep? what the hell's that? :lollers2:
I have cats AND a dog so .....

I have one cat that likes to sleep on me but will only if I'm on my right side ...... if I'm on my left she jumps up and head butts me for a while before figuring out I'm on the wrong side which, of course, wakes me up.

Finally she'll jump down but come back about every 2 hours to see if the situation's changed! lol
Your house sounds like mine! I have one cat curled up at my back, another by my legs. . .kind of makes me feel like a mummy! If I move, the one at my legs growls :lollers2:. Oops, sorry!
Dark lines under the eyes? Mine are not make-up!! That's why I never do "selfies" or close-ups!!
Thanks, guys, think I got the gist of sending messages. . .
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:32 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 pm
Don’t you know? Apparently that’s a new millennial fashion trend. Women wearing make up to have dark circles under their eyes. Couldn’t tell if that article I read was satire or real. I don’t even know anymore.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 pm
Greg_L wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:32 pm

Don’t you know? Apparently that’s a new millennial fashion trend. Women wearing make up to have dark circles under their eyes. Couldn’t tell if that article I read was satire or real. I don’t even know anymore.
I think it's tik tok, so teenagers doing the raccoon eyes thing.

Of course, that was also big in the late 90s with the Winona Ryder brand of Emo Pixie Dream Girl
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:46 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 pm

I think it's tik tok, so teenagers doing the raccoon eyes thing.

Of course, that was also big in the late 90s with the Winona Ryder brand of Emo Pixie Dream Girl
Ah, so Gen Z then. Idk, in many photos, Billie Eilish looks like she has natural raccoon eyes. Maybe she started that trend unintentionally.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:16 am

Ah, so Gen Z then. Idk, in many photos, Billie Eilish looks like she has natural raccoon eyes. Maybe she started that trend unintentionally.
It's possible. Fashion goes in cycles, so Gen Z is about due to repeat late gen-X to early Millenial fashion
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

waitin' for platform shoes and bellbottoms
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:39 pm waitin' for platform shoes and bellbottoms
Do these count? :lollers:

Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

holy cow!

:eek:

:facepalm:

:lollers2:

He ain't a shoe genius is he?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm

He ain't a shoe genius is he?
No he probably is. I bet lots of 20-somethings buy those fucking things. For some reason he is highly regarded as an "artist" to lots of younger people. Probably because he told them he is.
Rebel Yell